6.5 grendel accuracy issues

je4bowhuntin

Hello all, I recently built a 6.5 grendel with a AR stoner 20” barrel. First two outings it shot around moa and now the last few times it is shooting 3-4 moa and shooting the same ammo. I cannot figure out what is going on. Any ideas? I am pulling the Leupold scope this weekend and cross checking that on another gun but I have combed over the entire build and I am drawing a blank.

Last edited:
Kooman I do not believe so but i will double check. It does have a cheap forearm on it and i believe i am going to upgrade that either way

Stoner barrels are made by BCA which at $100 or less aren't the best made barrels. Have you checked for Copper fouling?

I have a Bear Creek upper on my AR and while quite accurate it gets dirty and hard to clean. I have a new X-Caliber barrel on a 20 Practical and it just wipes out no scrubbing needed.

it is off gun now and new barrel is on the way. Only 80-100 shot through it at this point but i am going to deep clean to be safe and then have a smith check it out. Crown etc.

if you do find something wrong with the barrel itself - send it back. BCA has a MOA guarantee on all its barrels.

their CS is a bit to deal with from what i've heard, but once you get thru to someone they will take care of you.

Back