Hypocrisy

True, maybe, I did say I base it off my experience, does that make it an assumption or not?... I DO assume i have more experience with no talent pretty boys than fw has any experience about my personal belongings.

Most people I know that buy as many new toys as possible are working like crazy to pay it off. Then like a lot of my buddies, spend $2000-$3000 on a rifle and scope then fire 20 to 40 shots a year complaining about ammo prices whenever I ask if they want to come out shooting... instead of going to the range they end up wasting twice that ammo cost at the bar bragging about all their fancy toys.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Rock KnockerIn my experiences the dude with the mossberg knows how to use it and the guy with the benelli is too busy working and recuperating from work on the couch with a beer.

seems as though you make an assumption or 2 yourself. lol

Nah, he’s gone past assumptions and all the way to assertions...
And assertions require some evidence.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerTrue, maybe, I did say I base it off my experience, does that make it an assumption or not?... I DO assume i have more experience with no talent pretty boys than fw has any experience about my personal belongings.

Most people I know that buy as many new toys as possible are working like crazy to pay it off. Then like a lot of my buddies, spend $2000-$3000 on a rifle and scope then fire 20 to 40 shots a year complaining about ammo prices whenever I ask if they want to come out shooting... instead of going to the range they end up wasting twice that ammo cost at the bar bragging about all their fancy toys.

Maybe you should pick some different friends. Why the heck do you spend your time with these “buddies” ?
Sounds like you are dragging the bottom of the barrel for friends, and you like being the big duck in a little pond?

No one goes out in the woods! I'm 34, everyone around my age are [beep](auto censor needed some help for my creative words I guess), theyre all paying off college debt and toys, working 40-60 hrs a week and the one weekend a year they do get to get out to the woods they're like bumbling children. As far as I know my buddies are the only ones that consider hunting more than a one weekend rifle opener trip. Even the people that do want to get into it are broke, they're in debt, they're too busy paying for a truck and insurance on multiple items to buy the expensive good hiking boots, wool clothing or tent. Honestly I'm to the point I'm getting back ups for my good stuff so I can borrow it to friends, multiple rain jackets, bivy bags and wool sweaters.

I've just been spending the last 6 or 8 months trying to plan a shooting trip with a friend I havent seen since high school. This guy got a hold of me and sent pictures of his guns and a suppresor, it was his plan, but he is too busy working. A plan for a 3 hour shooting trip needs to be scheduled 6 weeks in advance and it falls apart a couple days before hand.

Just this previous Wednesday morning I headed 4hrs north to meet a buddy. He drove his 2020 chevy with his brand new ice castle up there. We were going to snowshoe through the woods calling for fox, coyote and maybe a bobcat. My buddy already spent all his money and only wanted to buy some small cheap snowshoes off the shelf because the big traditional ones like mine are $150. He spent a couple hours sinking through the snow up to his nuts, we werent hiking or hunting anywhere... so I set up targets so I could shoot my gun... he complains about ammo prices so he only had 10 rounds of ammo for his gun so he took one shot that didnt even hit the target. So we head back defeated, making plans about how he can make this work better, the whole time him explaining he doesnt want to spend much, but of course on the way back to the ice castle we had to stop for liquor, he ends up buying a bottle brandy for the price of a box of ammo, I drove 4hrs home that night. Our third buddy for that trip had to cancel for work.

Between work, kids, child support and alcohol, I dont know many people that would take time out of their day for a walk through a city park much less a backpacking camping trip in undesignated camp sites or overnight hunting trip in zero degrees.

Doing the math, my math is always questionable though.

A 2020 Duramax will depreciate at $.61 a mile. My buddy driving driving 300 mile round trip(real numbers at least 400 miles) his truck dropped $483 in value, not counting fuel burnt and insurance paid. All of that and the trip fell apart because of $20 snowshoes when a pair of snowshoes that would last a lifetime are only $130 more. Everyone does this severely restricting themselves.

For that price I could have bought the $150 snowshoes, bought an old Honda or Sarurn drove there and back and sold the honda or Saturn for what I paid... maybe even enough more to cover the price of snowshoes.

Back