New FoxPro callers

Ricky Bobby

When are we going to see the new callers available? I’m itching to get a new caller and want to wait for the FoxPros. Been very tempted to try a Lucky Duck but I just feel I’d be happier sticking with a FoxPro. Waiting on their new X series callers to be available. Trying to remain patient .... lol.

I've been curious as well, have a friend who will probably buy one.

According to another post I read their website said October 1st back in August.

I've had a Foxpro FX3 for many years. Got it way back when they were first becoming popular. Well this week I purchased an Inferno and a fox jack 5 because I've always wanted a remote controllable decoy. Well, I used it for the first time last night. The remote didn't work worth a crap for controlling the sound or the decoy. I went out and moved it twice and neither time would it work. (about 50 and then 30 yards away). I finally picked it up and set it right next to me where I was able to control it with the remote. The sound volume was WAY less than my FX3 and even hunting smaller fields in my area of Ohio, the volume is not near enough. When I got home, I set it on the kitchen table and turned the volume to the max and was able to stand right beside the call. You shouldn't be able to be this close without blaring in your ears.

So now I will either continue to use my old FX3 with my homemade decoy or try an Icotec. I was excited to try my new call and decoy and then was so disappointed. After all these years I would have thought calls would have gotten better, not worse. I'm returning the inferno this weekend.

Just posting this as I'm not sure looking for latest and "greatest" new callers is such a great thing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ohioyotehuntrI've had a Foxpro FX3 for many years....Just posting this as I'm not sure looking for latest and "greatest" new callers is such a great thing.

Something doesn't sound right. I'd be on the phone to FoxPro to sort that out.

Originally Posted By: ohioyotehuntrI've had a Foxpro FX3 for many years. Got it way back when they were first becoming popular. Well this week I purchased an Inferno and a fox jack 5 because I've always wanted a remote controllable decoy. Well, I used it for the first time last night. The remote didn't work worth a crap for controlling the sound or the decoy. I went out and moved it twice and neither time would it work. (about 50 and then 30 yards away). I finally picked it up and set it right next to me where I was able to control it with the remote. The sound volume was WAY less than my FX3 and even hunting smaller fields in my area of Ohio, the volume is not near enough. When I got home, I set it on the kitchen table and turned the volume to the max and was able to stand right beside the call.

Just posting this as I'm not sure looking for latest and "greatest" new callers is such a great thing.

The Inferno only runs on 4 AA batteries, the FX3 runs on 8 AA batteries. The FX3 has more power than the Inferno has.

All of the new e-callers are not the same. When you buy one of the least expensive e-callers it will not work as good as the ones that cost more money.

OK guys, looking for some help. I have a big tournament this weekend and I have some land that is ate up with yotes. I have a FoxPro Shockwave and I'm wanting to build a good FoxCast that will bring a few dogs in. I am open to any suggestions. I know this time of year that howling is effective but I'm wanting to build 1 FoxCast that will be good for all my stands. Anybody have any good FoxCasts they would be willing to share for a good Oklahoma hunt?

no suggestions for foxcast, but let us know how many you kill in the tourney.

sounds like it should be many, many since the land is so ate up with em. go get em.
smile.gif

I'm also eagerly awaiting the new FoxPro calls. I've got a X1 ordered through Opticsplanet. They are saying they should ship around Feb. 11 on a first come/first serve basis. They also said I'm number 2 on that list so we'll see. I've been searching to see anyone with any of the new calls in stock, but only see direct from FoxPro as being the only ones.

As far as the X1, I opted for this one because of the smoking deal I got, and to me it appears to be the same speaker as the X2, but with a lesser remote and lacking the bells and whistles. I just want the sound quality from the new speaker. My Fury2 has been really letting me down when using high pitched coyote vocals. I don't even care to go out with it anymore.

I finally got my X1 call from OpticsPlanet on Monday. Was able to play with it a bit in the basement and made a couple stands Friday night.

Having issues with my Fury2 as far as sound distortion with high frequency sounds and higher volume. I feel the X1 is an upgrade with overall sound quality with my only complaint being background noise on some of the sounds (almost like something hitting the mic). I only heard this on several sounds and believe this is an issue with the sound not the call itself.

My other motivation to "upgrade" my call was higher volume. I don't feel I gained anything as far as volume with this call compared to the Fury2 making me believe I really wasn't lacking in this department in the first place. I did learn that the X1 volume goes from 1-20 compared to 1-30 on the Fury2.

The remote is very simple and to be honest I really like it's simplicity. I definitely need to set my favorites but all in all it was pretty simple to use in the dark.

I like the quick set buttons that you can set to either start playing immediately when pressed or be set to mute. I have mine set to play immediately (one set on pup distress to combat the lack of FoxBang and the other to Vole Squeaks as a coaxer if needed) and didn't have any issues with accidently hitting them. Backlighting on the buttons would be nice, but once you get going running it in the dark is pretty easy. Mute is at the bottom and very easy to locate. Volume is in the middle left and right and also easy to function. I think after the favorites are set and rearranging some of the sounds this is very good remote and very easy to master.

Overall (based on my little use) I like the call a lot. My Fury2 may have been a little nicer than I originally thought, but needed to be sent in or replaced due to the sound distortion (had it for 6 years and just started having issues). I'm happy with the X1 for the money (I was able to get it on sale and had a coupon so $285 to my door).

Forgot to mention the legs are really nice for carrying and setting up out of the snow.

Last edited:
Curious how you were able to buy it from Optic Planet so cheap. Just checked and the X1 shows a sale price of $399. Was the coupon from Optic Planet or FoxPro?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andrews1958Curious how you were able to buy it from Optic Planet so cheap. Just checked and the X1 shows a sale price of $399. Was the coupon from Optic Planet or FoxPro?

When I made the purchase it was on sale for $299. Cabelas was also running the same deal but it said back orderable so I opted to go with optics planet because it said it would ship within 7-14 days (or something to that effect). I was also able to add a 10% off coupon from opticsplanet to it as well bringing the total to $285. It took almost a month to finally get it. I think both cabelas and opticsplanet both raised the price back to $399 a week or so after I made the order.

Last edited:
Back