Camera Options

shelton573

I assume this is the best place to post this but not sure. Me and a group of buddies are going P-dog hunting and kicked around the idea of buying a camera to film some of it. I don't want to spend a lot of money on it because I'm not sure if we will take a lot of time to mess with it. Anyone have a suggestion on a decently priced camera for the hunt? It will be used for coyotes and turkeys also. I have been looking a the Canon VIXIA 800 and people seem to like it. Any info is much appreciated!

I have a phone skope adapter for my droid phone and spotting scope. Excellent long range photos and videos. Only issue, need my reading glasses for viewing phone images.

While I'm recording on the phone, I need my reading glasses to watch. I also run the phone's camera on auto focus because of the need for reading glasses. Usually running the spotting scope on a window mount in truck.

Sorry I am just now responding. It sent these reply notifications to my junk email. My brother has a vortex viper spotter and the phone scope setup I can borrow which is what we will likely use. It will be a lot easier to share the videos that way. Just looking at a couple different options...should probably spend that money on powder and bullets I reckon

A couple friends use the IPhone adapter on the spotting scope. Definitely spend some time getting it coordinated as they video shot but filmer turns on camera and tells shooter to send it. They ve gotten lots of footage on 600-1000 yd Rockchucks and fun to watch.

They typically won't shoot at anything under 500-600 yds.

Back