Photon or Wraith

musky01

Good morning. I hope somebody can assist me. Im in S/E Wisconsin we hunt alot of crop fields bordered by small woodlots. No shots longer than 200 yards Im wondering which night vision scope would be best for me the Photon or Wraith. As you can see by my question price is a consideration thats why Im stuck with the lower end night vision.

Thanks Bob

I don't have any experience with the wraith but I do run a Photon RT 4.5x42s. The only question you really need to answer is if you plan on using this for day hunting as well. The photon is going to be gray scale during the daytime as opposed to the wraith where you will get the full HD color display. If this will be a night time dedicated gun than the Photon's night vision set up is going to perform slightly better than the Wraiths. One thing to keep in mind as well is that the Photon will record video and audio and the current models of wraiths only do video and no audio. I researched a bunch before I bought my Photon RT and that's why I settled on the Photon. I also bought an aftermarket IR Nightsnipe NS 750 and I can see eyes close to 1000 yards and identify animals at 400 to 500 yards.

Locked & Loaded LTD in Pana, IL has the wraith for $399. They do online orders as well. Call them and ask for the 399 as their website still has them posted for $499.

I bought my photon through Academy Sports online and they run crazy sales on them quite often. I was able to get my photon on sale for $350 and they recently had them marked down to $299 a couple months ago. Hope this helps! It's been a game changer for me this year since switching over from red lights.

Recently I used a Wraith for 2 nights, no moonlight. Was able to easily see 200+ yards(probably 300 identity raccoon/coyote) in plowed corn ground covered in crusty snow. This was with the included IR illuminator. It was a lot of fun being able to see that well at night, it does take a little experimenting with the focus and beam adjustments for max visability. You definitely do not want to light up the snow between the scope and target.

Back