Lucky Duck E callers ?

Papa3

How many use the Lucky Duck ? What model and do you recommend them ?
I getting ready to up grade after 30 years . Thanks in advance.

Have owned and successfully used the Revolution, Riot, Revolt and RoughNeck. Like 'em all a lot.

Also owned and used several FPs including the Shockwave, Krakatoa, CS24C. Still have the CS 24C. Like it.

Also a bunch of WTs. Still have the MAX. Like it.

Yes I do have a problem.

unsure.gif

I have the Revolt and really impressed with the sound quality and plenty of volume if needed. Have been very successful using it now for 2 seasons. If I had a gripe it would be the remote...it could be a little bigger and the buttons need back lit. After using it now for 2 seasons, I don't have problems using the remote but it takes getting used to.
The Roughneck I believe has a new style remote that has addressed the issue(s) I noted above...I think.

Had the Revolt and now the Roughneck. Both great calls with great customer service as well.

As said the Roughneck has a larger displày with backlit buttons on the remote. The caller itself is considerably smaller also.

If your switching after 30 years your eyesight may appreciate the larger remote display, I know mine did!

Have you loaded extra call sounds on the Revolt ? If so how difficult/ easy is this ? Would like to add mountain lion calls . Thanks for any and all info ........

I have the Revolution. It is a great call. I don't have much to compare it with though as it is the only call i have ever used.

Originally Posted By: Papa3 Have you loaded extra call sounds on the Revolt ? If so how difficult/ easy is this ? Would like to add mountain lion calls . Thanks for any and all info ........

Sorry haven't added any so can't help there, hopefully someone who has will chime in.

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKYes I do have a problem.
More like an addiction. LOL. But that’s a good thing.

Originally Posted By: P&YOriginally Posted By: Papa3 Have you loaded extra call sounds on the Revolt ? If so how difficult/ easy is this ? Would like to add mountain lion calls . Thanks for any and all info ........

Sorry haven't added any so can't help there, hopefully someone who has will chime in.

A friend downloaded a couple the other day from the manufacturers site. Easy download and onto caller. I think they were out of order somehow on the list but played fine.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06Originally Posted By: DoubleCKYes I do have a problem.
More like an addiction. LOL. But that’s a good thing.

Yup! I guess it's cheaper than an Airplane, Boat or Girlfriend on the side.
scared.gif

thumbup.gif

Just get a roughneck and don't look back. The other remotes are just too hard to work with at night time. If you're calling in the daytime you can probably get away with the other remotes if that's the case you could possibly consider a revolt.

A local fur harvester supplier (FNTPOST.com)is having a sal on a brand of callers.

I asked my son if we should get one. He said NO the ecallers dont have good reproductions of the sounds and only use mouth callers.

Ive not seen/heard complaints from anyone on that. I dont know where he read that.

Originally Posted By: 22 ChuckA local fur harvester supplier (FNTPOST.com)is having a sal on a brand of callers.

I asked my son if we should get one. He said NO the ecallers dont have good reproductions of the sounds and only use mouth callers.

Ive not seen/heard complaints from anyone on that. I dont know where he read that.

As far as I know, the Lucky Duck calls only have two sounds that are not actual live animal recordings. All the rest are live animal recordings.

Maybe the brand of call that you're talking about isn't Lucky Duck, and I suspect it's not. BUT I'm just clearing the air that there's a total of two sounds available on Lucky Duck that are NOT an actual animal recordings.

What I've read is the electronic calls sometimes leave out the sounds that are beyond the human ear, but the coyote hears them. Mouth calls seem t produce the whole spectrum that the coyote usually hears.....interesting data.

Ecallers are all I use.

We put Coyote #43 in the dirt yesterday. It is our 3rd weekend out this year.

Didn’t hunt this past Saturday due to high winds and yesterday was slow calling with 68 degree temps.

Originally Posted By: Papa3 How many use the Lucky Duck ? What model and do you recommend them ?
I getting ready to up grade after 30 years . Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back