ATN 4k Scope

Dan25

I'm looking at purchasing the ATN 4k 3-14 or ATN Xii scope for night hunting. Wondering if anyone has any real world experience or feedback on how they perform. The big question I have is how far can you comfortable see to shoot and identify a coyote? Thanks in advance.

Dan, I have had both scopes, actually have the 4k Pro now, 3-14x model. The 4k is a big improvement over the X-Sight 2 with longer eye relief, a great long lasting battery, better image and it can be mounted with 30mm scope rings.

I am on my iphone at the moment, so can’t attach video links etc. but can do that later - or, just go to YouTube and type in my channel: 6mm064. You will see the last three coyote kills I made with the scope, plus a skunk at 142 yards. I can clearly see 150 yards plus with my TR-38 illuminator and ID a coyote.. Haven’t really tried the scope further since the area I hunt doesn’t offer longer shots than that.

Actually, right now I am at my coyote bait site and relaxing inside my little hobo shack of a cabin, and have the 4k mounted on a 6x45 AR and ready. A coyote visited last night and I am hoping for a return tonight.

I like scope very well, considering digital and price. It can be zoomed up to around 7x or thereabouts and still have a good view. Actually it can zoom a little more and still be able to shoot well enough, but it does pixilate at higher magnifications as you would expect.

If you shop around you can find the scope in the mid to upper $500 range. I would definitely go with the 4k over the X-Sight 2.

thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. I was leaning toward the 4k as well. Would the 5-20 magnification really be worth it for at night if I only plan on shooting to 300 yards?

Dan, the 5-20x has a very narrow field of view at closer ranges, but at 300 yards would probably be OK. The only issue might be getting an illuminator that will allow you to see well that far.

About a month ago I made my longest shot with my ATN 3-14, it was 330 yards, I replaced the factory light with a coyote cannon. I did not zoom in for the shot with the coyote cannon, I feel I can ID a coyote @ 500 yards with this light.

After experiencing POI (zero) issues with my thermal (Pulsar Trail XQ 38), I may buy this unit and put on a backup rifle which can also serve as a guest setup.

My shots are between 20-200yards with most of them being around 50 yards on average.

Any issues with this unit holding zero, etc ?

TXCOONDOG said:
My shots are between 20-200yards with most of them being around 50 yards on average.

My scope has been holding zero well. I checked zero back in late October, shot a coyote the first week of November, and then put the rifle / scope up until this past week. I rechecked zero and it was spot on after setting for over three months.

Here's a post I made yesterday:

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...192#Post3235192

For 50 yards, the scope will work great. If you notice in my videos in yesterday's post, the ridge top is 160 yards and I can see well enough to shoot at that distance. Haven't tried the scope further than that.

I also shot a skunk last fall at 142 yards in the same field. Here is a link: The skunk is at the 1:36 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R6ljdkFT1Y&t=4s

You are very welcome TX, just hope it was of some help. I wish you well with whatever decision you come to.

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like the 3-14 would be the perfect choice for night calling. I think I'll wait for till early fall next year before I pull the pin. Maybe prices will drop.

Back