25 DTI scope

docjon2013

I got my 25 DTI ready and now am looking for an optic. I am really interested in the Vortex Strike eagle 1-8. I have never been big on large optics with lots of magnification on my rifles. It has a 18" barrel and I don't want the scope half as long as the rifle. It will be my calling rifle and might bust a deer with it. Most of my shots are under 150 yds usually. I was just wondering if this is a good scope for my purposes as I have never messed with these type of scopes. Most of my scopes are like 3-9. I am just looking for some experience with this type of scope on a predator rifle.
Thanks
Jon

I use a number of 1-4x20mm scopes on calling rifles, mostly combo guns so I can mount them low and use the wide FOV with the shotgun barrel, yet they are still 300 yard coyote rifles.

On most of my bolt action coyote calling rifles I shoot 1.5-6x40mm scope of various manufactures here the wide FOV is nice for picking up and staying on moving coyotes in the brush. Again very capable 300 yard rigs.

The scope you are looking at has a huge FOV on 1x and at 6x should be able to work for longer ranges with the 25 DTI. My only complaint would be the reticle, I would really prefer just a single illuminated dot with fat posts on a #4 or duplex, like the Burris 4X 1.5-6x40mm.

Like this one. Just click on the reticle for a full sized pic.

https://cameralandny.com/shop/burris-fou...riation=1946159

If your comfortable with the reticle in the Strike eagle it should work fine.

Burris 4X 1.5-6x40mm on an AR
RsoqoI.jpg

Weaver 1-4x24mm on a Model 70

X5aAGk.jpg

Leupold 1-4x20mm on a combo gun

xFZQnM.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 1badsheeI have a 1-8 strike eagle on my 6.8 SBR, hasn't held me back on shots out to about 140yds.

I have you had any fish eye or blurring at the higher powers when using it?

Usually if you run into "fisheye" it will be on the lower powers. I had a Bushnell 1.5-6 that had a pretty pronounced fisheye on 1.5 and a Weaver V-3 1-3x2x20 the was the same but not as pronounced as the Bushnell, I have two other V-3's that are fine.

If you get a scope presuming you are ordering it, if it does have pronounced fisheye send it back.

Back