Hogster 25 review

Rhett Steele

I just want to tell of my hogster 25. I'm blown away by this sight and now enjoy night hunting.

My history of night calling started with lights. I then upgraded to a thermal scanner and night vision scope. I had minimal success, called critters in, couldn't see them in the scope etc...

Broke down a bought the 25. I can see in more detail and farther than I can with my scanner. The four gun function holds true when switching from one to the other. Menu is easy to navigate. Killed three in last three outings. Night hunting is now fun.

As mentioned above, this is my first thermal sight and I have nothing to compare it to, all I can say is wow!

Rhett, thanks for the review. What were the distances you were shooting? Apparently the lower magnification worked just fine. That’s the scope I would go for if in the market for another thermal. Most of my shooting here is close quarters.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Rhett, thanks for the review. What were the distances you were shooting? Apparently the lower magnification worked just fine. That’s the scope I would go for if in the market for another thermal. Most of my shooting here is close quarters.
100 yds, 176 and 92. The pip is useful. I passed a shot at 225ish, thought it'd close the distance but ran farther. I had it in pip and it felt very doable. Passed and kicking myself for it.

It would be nice if you could go back and take that shot. I bet you would have made it. I'm glad you like your 25. The Hogsters are sure good scopes. Nice scanners too. I am very impressed with how clear they are and easy to set up.

Good report, I went back and forth about getting the 25 vs 35 but finally went for the 35. This is also my first thermal and I’m just blown away by this tech! I haven’t killed anything with mine yet, but I’m going to make it happen cause I’m already addicted to trying! Glad to hear about the different profiles working too.

Back