North Nevada Squeeks Hunting Anyone

Wondering now that Winamucca Farms won't allow shooters is there a need for travelling varmint terminators up north?
With a lite winter like we're having there may be some early rising dirt diggers. What about the Arizona travelling guys?

Yes, I curious too ... Winnemucca farmers won't allow? I'm headed there in 10 days and will report back. Why you do think the numbers are down again this year?

Some hunting pressure due to more guys shooting BUT mostly poison, a place we hunted 2 years ago was thick with squirrels and then last year maybe 1/5 th or a 1/4 of the population. Asked landowner and he said their January poison last year was a perfect storm timing wise.

My cousins husband was on a family farm, large one, for 20+ years and 30 years ago he said their budgeted poison (cabbage) was $30K a year!!

I won t mention my age but will say 'the good ole days are a thing of the past' fellas !

Growing up in Northern NV I remember driving the 2 lane highways are running over 15-20 rabbits in 40-50 miles while NOT trying to hit them! Bias ply tires in those days could be flattened with a rabbit bone.

BTW, when I mentioned more hunting pressure, there's guys traveling from CA, AZ, Texas and Midwest to Northern NV to shoot squirrels now days.

I know cause a good friend lives and farms in Humboldt county.

I'm about 4 hours away ,last week I shot a 100+ in about 5.5 hours of shooting .Today shot 75+ in about 4 hours of shooting. Last week I shot the amazing 17 HMR ,204 ruger and a 220 swift. Today I left the the swift home,brought the 17HMR,204 ruger and a 6mm Creedmoor shooting 70gr Nosler BT,I thought the swift blew them up nicely,but the Creedmoor vaporized them.

Originally Posted By: FrankmSome hunting pressure due to more guys shooting BUT mostly poison, a place we hunted 2 years ago was thick with squirrels and then last year maybe 1/5 th or a 1/4 of the population. Asked landowner and he said their January poison last year was a perfect storm timing wise.

My cousins husband was on a family farm, large one, for 20+ years and 30 years ago he said their budgeted poison (cabbage) was $30K a year!!

I won t mention my age but will say 'the good ole days are a thing of the past' fellas !

Growing up in Northern NV I remember driving the 2 lane highways are running over 15-20 rabbits in 40-50 miles while NOT trying to hit them! Bias ply tires in those days could be flattened with a rabbit bone.

Yea, it has changed, for the worse. Less targets, less land to hunt.

Been a long time since there has been that many rabbits on the roads.

They kinda disappeared along with cars that had dimmer switches on the floor, and day time,night time speed limit signs.

Just how old are you? Just kidding and ribbing ya a little.

Back