Very Cheap Source for Lapua 223 Brass and Guess What... It's Loaded Ammo

LDhunter

SGA Ammo has Lapua ammo that is loaded with their 55gr FMJ bullets. It's loaded by Lapua in Finland and although these bullets aren't match or varmint bullets I'm not too concerned. I suspect the accuracy will be ok for casual target shooting and after you've shot it you have Lapua Brass fireformed for your rifle.

Just clean them, necksize them, seat a primer, dump powder, seat a bullet and VOILA. If you use the Lee Collet neck die you don't even have to lube, full length size, and then clean the lube off.

And.... drum roll.... It only costs $0.479 per round for loaded ammo. That's cheaper than I have found anywhere just for brass only.

A 600 Round Case - 223 Rem 55 Grain FMJ Lapua Ammo made in Finland for $287.40 and shipping to me was $12.00 IIRC.

I just stumbled across this and thought I'd share... Enjoy...
wink.gif

I had bought some this way before. Wondering if its like Norma's cheaper loaded ammo where its supposedly not their top notch brass in these loads....doubt it with lapua, but why so cheap here??

I would pull the bullet with a collet die, dump the powder, chamfer, neck size, start load development with a known powder/bullet, AND the seating depth my barrel likes.

A guy could cut a few corners depending on the level of accuracy he was trying to get.

Originally Posted By: LDhunterNot a bad idea but somewhat dangerous... What's your technique for that?

I’ve had a inertia type puller that used collets. My technique was suspect and it didn’t last overly long before it was damaged beyond repair.

I’ve pulled some of my reloads just raising the loaded round in my press and grabbing the bullet with a fine toothed Gerber multi tool. Dumped powder and reloaded with the same bullets I pulled. Factory rounds might have a tighter neck tension.

Mine came in the other day. Shot under 1 moa out of the Kimber Montana. I pulled some bullets and replaced with some Hornady 55gr bullets. Shot about the same, fireforming in my 223AI.

Back