Lucky Duck Ruffneck .thoughts

craig77

I recently watched a hunt where they were using the Lucky Duck Ruffneck caller.They use a couple howls on the lucky duck sound playlist that sounded very good and had a unique sound from any other howls I have heard. and seem to be getting good results from the field. Whats your thought on the lucky duck playlist vs foxpro? I am considering trading in the shockwave for the ruffneck .Would it be a Mistake? Or maybe play it safe and own both

I would keep both, then you would have different sounds. I am considering buying the Roughneck and I have the Icotec Night Stalker. I figure if I am going to spend money on new sounds to add to the Night Stalker, I might as well use that money towards a different call with different sounds.

Get the Lucky Duck and sell the Fox Pro. I've used them both and there is no comparison.

You could keep the shockwave as a back up but you will probably never need it and that's a spendy call to have collecting dust. Lucky Duck's customer service is lightning fast ime so I would rather use hand calls for a few hunts if something crazy happened than have an expensive call I never use.

Lots of people are switching from Foxpro to Lucky Duck and it's got a lot to do with the quality of the sounds. The Foxpro fanboys are always quick to point out that they're made in the USA. Yeah they're manufactured here, but I know the parts are sourced in China. Then there's the lack of remote range, another area Lucky Duck outperforms. Heck even Icotec blows Foxpro away in that department.

Looking at Lucky Duck calls myself,sent an email to Foxpro about 2 or 3 weeks ago and still no reply.Not bashing them just kinda left a sour taste with me Foxpro is popular with a lot of happy customers so they must be doing something right for lots of folks.

Anybody who has kept up with my posts knows that I have supported Rick and his family as long as I have known him. That has not changed. I have been to his home, and think a lot of him and his family. I wish continued success for him.

I also support Foxpro and will continue to do so. I am not a "Foxpro Fanboy". Foxpro's record will continue to speak for itself.

There's no doubt that the top end Foxpro calls are nice, but the best sounds aren't theirs. Tony Tebbe and M. F. K. make the best sounds for those calls. Foxpro coyote vocals don't hold a candle to Rick's.

Have absolutely nothing negative to say about Foxpro Ecallers they are a great Company with excellent Customer Service and have great sounds. I have used them for many years with great success. Started out with the FX3,then upgraded to the FX5. Then to the CS24B and finally to the CS24C..... Called and killed lots of Coyotes with them. But I decided to buy the Lucky Duck Roughneck and give it a shot. I think they have the best Coyote Vocals on the Market Period.....

I also used a WT Mighty Atom for a couple years. And the Lucky Duck Vocals beats that too...

Last edited:
I have the Revolt now for a little over 2 years and the call has been great, sounds are great imo, and Rick's cs has been great when needed. The only negative is the first remote started eating batteries when turned off a year ago, Rick sent me a new one and now I think it is doing the same thing. Not a huge deal because I use rechargeables and put fresh ones in before each trip and also carry spares.

The roughneck looks great and looks like the remote is even nicer. But I'd miss the turntable feature of the revolt.

Back