4k Coyote #4

6mm06

Here is another example of the ATN 4k Pro digital scope at my coyote bait site. Below are photos and a video link to this morning's coyote. I squeezed the trigger around 0130 this morning. This coyote was very nervous and just didn't want to commit to go down hill to the bait. It turned to leave and I took a quick now-or-never shot that dropped him right there. I used my Pulsar Apex XQ38 to confirm the kill.

Later in the morning just before daylight a nice bobcat showed up at the site. I think it's the one that has been hanging around for a while. I got video but didn't shoot him. Maybe I can call him later. I have tried a couple of times to no avail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNywXbi3Dik&feature=youtu.be

The coyote first howled on the knoll behind the cabin near the tall, tan grass in the distance. A few minutes later he made his way to the bait site but remained up
on the hill and would not go down to the bait. This one was rubbed pretty much near it's neck and shoulder.

49571190126_fa12de9975_b.jpg

The 4-wheeler helps get gear to the cabin and back, plus helps with dragging the coyote out.

49570687048_aa54ba5110_b.jpg

49571190071_cf176a00d5_b.jpg

I am liking the 4k scope more and more all the time. It's a great bait site scope in my opinion. The rifle is a Dtech 6x45 shooting 70 gr. Sierra Blitz Kings.
There was no exit.

49571190016_e9b85b1581_b.jpg

Here is a second part of 4k Example videos:

I have other "higher end" NV, but for $600, nothing wrong with the ATN 4K Pro to 125-150 yards with a good IR illuminator. Being able to use it during the day is another plus. I got tired of switching scopes around for day/night use.

Back