Tikka 6mm creedmoor?

canineshooter

I've been a Tikka fan for around 15 years now. Have 3 of them. Been thinking lately a 6mm of some sort would make a great long range coyote round. Why hasn't Tikka produced a 6mm creedmoor? The .243 is a great round, but at longer ranges the creed does have an advantage. Not really expecting an answer. Just thinking out loud.

Being a Tikka fan myself it would be nice to see a couple newer calibers but Tikka/Beretta play it safe. Guess that's how you get 500 years old.

Originally Posted By: canineshooterI've been a Tikka fan for around 15 years now. Have 3 of them. Been thinking lately a 6mm of some sort would make a great long range coyote round. Why hasn't Tikka produced a 6mm creedmoor? The .243 is a great round, but at longer ranges the creed does have an advantage. Not really expecting an answer. Just thinking out loud.

What advantage does the 6 creed have over the 243 win at distance? I own and shoot both chamberings. Which one is better is dictated more by the platform than the cartridge.

I don't own either. I've read the Barret Fieldcraft made a 7 twist .243 with a long enough mag box to run long heavy bullets.
Aren't most factory .243 10 twist?

Yes, the tikka 243 I had was a 10 twist and you couldn't load very long, but I have an rpr in 243 with a 8 twist and an ARC magazine that I can load long.

Back