Bore Scope Recommendations

Crapshoot, I bought a Teslong a month ago and it came with a phone adapter. It works slick and when I plug it into my android the picture pops right up

Originally Posted By: muskrat30 I just mounted a new scope, bases & rings on a rifle. In about 5 shots I was already fine-tuning things. No I didn’t start with a bore-scope, nothing against them though.

I think you're thinking of boresight, the topic here is about bore scopes, which have nothing to do with mounting a scope and getting it sighted in.

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: muskrat30 I just mounted a new scope, bases & rings on a rifle. In about 5 shots I was already fine-tuning things. No I didn’t start with a bore-scope, nothing against them though.

I think you're thinking of boresight, the topic here is about bore scopes, which have nothing to do with mounting a scope and getting it sighted in.

Common mistake in terminology.

Bushnell Boreshighter is used to boresight rifle sights.

Bore Scope is used to inspect the bore of a rifle.

Regards,
hm

I clicked on the links and seems the Teslong with the ridged tube is out of stock on Amazon but the semi-flexable is available. Which is best? Also has anyone had any problems getting them to work on their phones? I thought I read it won't work with I-phones.

Originally Posted By: CRE10Originally Posted By: shelton573I ordered one Saturday. Should be here tomorrow. We will see how it works.
Let us know what you think.

Sorry for the late reply. I received the bore scope that following Monday. Very easy to operate. I am not running it off my phone since I do not have an Android. The assembly involves screwing the camera to the data cable and screwing the angle lens on (or not if you don’t want a side view). It also comes with 3 extra replacement mirrors which I thought was nice. This is the only borescope I have ever dealt with, but even without anything to compare it to it’s pretty impressive for $55. While it would be nice to have the rigid one, the only one I could find was only 21”. The only barrel I have under 24” is my AR so I wanted the extra length of the 40” flexible so I could follow the rifling from one end to the other without losing my place switching ends of the rifle. Even though it is flexible, it is very sturdy and easy to manipulate when going down the barrel as far as rotation is concerned. It has good image quality especially for the price. My only complaint would be the LED rheostat for the LED brightness. It is kind of cheap but it does work decent.

Again, I have never used any other brands of bore scopes so I have nothing to compare it to. I bought it to check erosion and firecracking which it does well. I also bought it to inspect copper fouling to see how much is too much when groups start to open up. For the $50-60 it costs, I would definitely recommend it.

I'd really like the one with the solid rod but may go ahead and get the flexible model if you think it works just as good. I've never owned one either.

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiI bought a Teslong and had to tinker to figure out how to get it to work. I like it now, and I can use it on my 20 cals.

This^^^^

Back