Trail for two

Snowshoes

After three days of meetings in the city, it was good to be back home yesterday afternoon. My plan for Friday morning was to fit in a quick hunt before heading into the office.
At first light I was headed west down one of my pre-made snowmobile trails towards an area of some known coyote trails.
After getting settled into a good spot, I glass the surrounding slough bottoms and farm yard for any coyotes. A few minutes pass before seeing my first coyote of the morning and it too is using the snowmobile trail for ease of walking. This coyote had to have come out from the trees to the west and was now traveling east towards my location.
Slowly moved into position as the coyote closed the distance and once it was in a decent spot, I barked to stop it. A 110 yard shot drops the coyote on the snowmobile trail. The shot kicks 3 other coyotes from the cattails of the far slough bottoms but none came my direction. Sat for an additional 40 minutes but there was no further coyote action.
Coyote # 69 ( 223AI & 64 gr. Berger bullet)

WTG on the coyote. Nice when you can give them a nice trail to walk down ,and bonus it comes your way. Saw one this morning. It bused me when I was setting up just a light. Congrats on #69

Originally Posted By: lockrotorWTG on the coyote. Nice when you can give them a nice trail to walk down ,and bonus it comes your way. Saw one this morning. It bused me when I was setting up just a light. Congrats on #69
Thank you lockrotor, I noticed a fair number of coyote tracks on the snowmobile trail as I walked in. Always a bonus when one of the critter's that made the tracks comes cruising by
smile.gif

Back