WDFW small game survey

tripod3

It asks hunters to estimate harvest and hunting activity.
This is the first time I recall a coyote category, asking days hunted, kill numbers and breakdown by 40 counties/areas.
I usually see this as a precursor to more "management" or code word for more fees.

Maybe they're just 'testing the waters"? As AWS said, "heading toward a season".

Here in Mass. the anti's complained about coyote contests. Probably only a couple contests in the state. Mass Fish and Game decided contests were not "ethical" and passed a law that contests are now illegal, not just for coyotes, but coons, skunks, and a bunch of other animals that no has a contest for. On top of that you must now do something, like save the pelt, of any coyotes you shoot

I think most people with a fur harvesters license in Kansas gets a voluntary harvest survey every year. These have general what, when and where questions. Might just be data.

Originally Posted By: YoteslayerWAI didn’t hunt this year if wdfw asks.

I agree with ya YoteslayerWA...the WDFW is looking for ways to compensate for their budget shortfalls and what better way to do that than get the predator hunters to "pay their fair share"

I wonder how wdfw compensates the data for those confused. Almost everyone I know doesn't hunt or puts it down for a different area.

I go with AWS and Duckstopper. The anti's have been trying to ban contests and impose seasons all over,and the idiots at F&G are trying to apease them. Vermont banned contests, but still has year around shooting, and the anti's have been active in Maine and N.H.

Around here I'm seeing a lot more gates put up blocking off public lands. Many times theres a sign there that says how the land was purchased by hunting license proceeds and what not but now they use hunters money to buy the land and now the hunter money to gate it off.

Well we already have to buy a small game license to hunt coyotes so the next step will be a coyote and bobcat endorsement.With the salmon and steelhead bust going on there revenues will be dropping substantially this year so I’m sure there looking to try and offset that.I haven’t hunted deer here in 6 years but Wyoming loves me!

Originally Posted By: 70sdiverWell we already have to buy a small game license to hunt coyotes so the next step will be a coyote and bobcat endorsement.With the salmon and steelhead bust going on there revenues will be dropping substantially this year so I’m sure there looking to try and offset that.I haven’t hunted deer here in 6 years but Wyoming loves me!

You do not need a small game license to hunt yotes in WA. I youve purchased any big game license: deer, elk, bear, cougar, you can hunt coyotes. You do need small game to hunt bobcat though. But if all you want to do is hunt coyotes, just buy a bear or lion license, its cheaper than small game.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tripod3It asks hunters to estimate harvest and hunting activity.
This is the first time I recall a coyote category, asking days hunted, kill numbers and breakdown by 40 counties/areas.
I usually see this as a precursor to more "management" or code word for more fees.

Is this something they emailed? Ive never gotten one of their random email surveys.

Originally Posted By: SlagiattOriginally Posted By: tripod3It asks hunters to estimate harvest and hunting activity.

Is this something they emailed? Ive never gotten one of their random email surveys.

This is actual paper snail mail.

Back