Weekend hunt

Yellowhammer

Staff member
Did some calling this weekend. Saturday afternoon was no good, but got into some that night. I ended up calling 8 coyotes, but no cats or fox. I missed the first coyote at about 20 yards. I could not get him to stop.

The next stand I made a long shot on one that was trying to get down wind. I hit him in a big pasture. I thought I had a good mark, but couldn't find him.

The next five I got. The last one came from down wind and never checked up even with me squeaking and wolfing. Finally took a running show after he ran behind the caller and was leaving. I am not a great shot a running coyote, but got him about 125 yards out.

I called in one coyote after daylight Sunday morning but didn't shot. He ran right up to the caller.

I was wore out after hunting all night.

49548282686_583c7bfcfd_c_d.jpg

Those close runners are hard to catch up to w/a rifle, at least they are for me. Nice haul!

Regards,
hm

I also feel ya on the runners, that's my mission this off season, practice moving targets with a rifle somehow. Great haul anyway!

No, saw some, walking in to a good cat stand and didn't want to mess it up shooting a hog. No cat showed.

I did shoot a hog at the lease Sunday afternoon. Posted that in the hog forum.

Back