Hypocrisy

I live in ski country, its also liberal land. You can't go one day without something, or many days, everything being the result of climate change or global warming, or whatever they are going to call it next. The idiots get a dry year for snow like a couple years ago and they preach that the end is near, that it will never snow like it did in the past. Except that about 40 years ago it was so dry that Independence Pass stayed open all winter, they seem to forget about those dry or warm years that happen every now and then.
The Aspen Skiing Company is quite vocal about climate change and what a catastrophe it will become. But, they remove live healthy trees every year, they dig up the earth to collect water and distribute it around the mountain for snow making, and they expand skier terrain whenever possible. Expanding skier terrain is another way to say funny shaped clear cut. They burn all of their slash in big piles, piles that they use dozens of gallons of diesel to light. They proclaim their use of "green" energy or electricity from "renewable sources", and they use a bunch of power! They run diesel powered snowcats, dozens of them, every night to groom the snow. They transport food and supplies up the mountain with other cargo cats. They heat the buildings on the mountain with propane and or electricity, and it's cold here in the mountains.
Their customers come here largely by commercial airline, which lately, is one of the whacko environmentalist's most hated producers of CO2. Some come by car, driving 3 to 4 hours or more from Denver, usually in a Yukon or something like it. Then they stay at some super fancy hotel with exotic stone floors, counter tops and showers, all lit up with super expensive electric lighting that stays on all night. These hotels are always nice and warm, heated by natural gas, just like their outdoor hot tubs and pools. They take long hot showers after their hard day on the slopes, water heated by natural gas. Wasting water that could have flowed down the river to Lake Powell, which they never fail to remind us is quite low.
They all carry around their latest Iphone or equivalent, made overseas and shipped across the ocean on boats powered by diesel. Then trucked to every city in the country on trucks that also burn diesel. Their phones use exotic minerals in their batteries and circuits, minerals that have to be mined and refined somewhere.
Their ski gear cannot possibly be environmentally friendly to produce, being largely made of plastics, and equally unfriendly to the environment when it is disposed of after 2 seasons of part time use.
The ones that live here profess environmentalism even more, proclaiming what great stewards of the environment they are, because they appreciate the great outdoors. They drive Subarus and other SUV's, they put a coffin on the roof diminishing the already poor fuel mileage, and then they drive far in excess of the speed limit. Apparently no one told them that drag increases exponentially with velocity! They too heat their houses with natural gas, which is extracted from the ground within short distance of Aspen. But, they protest the drilling, they protest the pipelines that bring it to them. They pass laws to make it harder for companies to provide the natural gas that they use to heat their homes, water, and offices, all of which have thermostats set higher than the AC is set in the summer time.

They ride their fat tire bikes all over the BLM and forest service land, often times on illegally created trails. Then they stare stupidly when you tell them that the elk herd is down by 60%, likely due to human encroachment. They let their dogs run loose on all hiking and biking trails, leaving excrement everywhere and further harassing wildlife. The first half mile of every popular trail smells like a giant pile of dog doo. They come to meetings discussing wildlife management and profess that they love wildlife but don't understand why they can't have their precious ski area expansion and mountain bike trails through elk calving areas. They then go out and violate the closures.
They are against development and sprawl, but continuously want to build more slums, sorry, I mean employee housing. They don't want anyone tearing up ground for a gravel pit, or a road, or mineral extraction, but they will spend $3.4 million to tear up a river bed and change it to create a "whitewater park", only to have to try to fix it every year after their man mad feature nearly drowns some family in a raft.

Perhaps they should modify their lives instead of telling me to modify mine??

6724, that is exactly what is going on in Park City here in Utah, I won't even bother going near there anymore. And now it's ruining the small towns near it also.

Well said!

One of the silliest things I read was some climate change conference that was attended by the wealthy elite - including members of the British Royal family - in Europe. And how did they all get there?! On their private jets no less. As you've illustrated, I find these folks to be the worst about practicing what they preach, but they are quite adept at telling everyone else how to live their life or supporting lawmakers who will support legislation that does.

To Hipocrisy-post #1

How many of those diesels are left idling for long periods at malls, schools, churches-all parking lots?? Someone sometime did a great sales job and said it is better to leave em idle-I guess.

Originally Posted By: 22 ChuckTo Hipocrisy-post #1

How many of those diesels are left idling for long periods at malls, schools, churches-all parking lots?? Someone sometime did a great sales job and said it is better to leave em idle-I guess.

It is illegal to idle more than 2 minutes in the town of Basalt, so I guess you better have your 500 watt block heater plugged in! I am sure some of the other towns have laws like that too, but Basalt put up signs everywhere.

There's hypocracy abound in this country from all sides and angles.

Liberals yes, it's easy to point out their smog filled cities and the children in them drinking bottled water and buying plane tickets to escape their [beeep] hole all the while smashing the screens of their brand new gadgets screaming about global warming. Their new damend for avocados on their toast feuling deforestation at record levels just like the ski hills first talked about here.

Conservatives are ham strung the same way... that's why these petulant children are able to put up a fight. We are helping them.

Conservatives shopping at Walmart, scheduling their weeks around(insanely liberal) sporting events, donating to Hollywood by going to the movies, buying beer like it's a necessary nutrient, everyone driving their kids to school like little choufferes, paying for cable TV, going in dept for trucks and offroad toys they dont need when they should be hiking off a few pound instead, $40,000 ice houses with wifi and satellite to park on the ice for 30 days because you cant handle the cold, and of course a $2000 electric generator is needed so they can plug their smart phone in, conservatives that are terribly out of shape but still going to McDonalds for meal a day then relying on doctors and pharmaceutical companies to keep them living for more McDonalds, gallons of soda pop a week etc. etc...

How much interest do conservatives pay out to liberal banks each year?

At 34 I'm now realizing I graduated high school but the mentality of the country is high school, it's all about image, everyone wants idilogical change but wont give anything to get it, BUT they give everything they have or go in dept to get some new toy they dont NEED. It blows my mind how much GROWN ADAULTS will act like needy little bastards to bolster their image, around here, you clearly dont have testicles if you dont have a one ton truck. You could be afraid of the woods at night, fear dogs or a 400lb pony a little girl rides but at least this $60,000 truck proves manliness. I have trouble not cutting idling diesel tires, it looks like you're a needy [beeep] with a truck that cant even survive half the Minnesota climate.

Our cushy money drunk society has fostered hypocritical fruit cups at every turn, most all of them frightened of one harmless thing or another.

Now more than ever can liars, cowards and thieves hide behind their credit score and toys and actually feel good about themselves AND be viewed positively by others. Just one way that capitalism has become hypocritical to conservative values.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerThere's hypocracy abound in this country from all sides and angles.

Liberals yes, it's easy to point out their smog filled cities and the children in them drinking bottled water and buying plane tickets to escape their [beeep] hole all the while smashing the screens of their brand new gadgets screaming about global warming. Their new damend for avocados on their toast feuling deforestation at record levels just like the ski hills first talked about here.

Conservatives are ham strung the same way... that's why these petulant children are able to put up a fight. We are helping them.

Conservatives shopping at Walmart, scheduling their weeks around(insanely liberal) sporting events, donating to Hollywood by going to the movies, buying beer like it's a necessary nutrient, everyone driving their kids to school like little choufferes, paying for cable TV, going in dept for trucks and offroad toys they dont need when they should be hiking off a few pound instead, $40,000 ice houses with wifi and satellite to park on the ice for 30 days because you cant handle the cold, and of course a $2000 electric generator is needed so they can plug their smart phone in etc. etc...

How much interest do conservatives pay out to liberal banks each year?

At 34 I'm now realizing I graduated high school but the mentality of the country is high school, it's all about image, everyone wants idilogical change but wont give anything to get it, BUT they give everything they have or go in dept to get some new toy they dont NEED. It blows my mind how much GROWN ADAULTS will act like needy little bastards to bolster their image, around here, you clearly dont have testicles if you dont have a one ton truck. You could be afraid of the woods at night, fear dogs or a 400lb pony a little girl rides but at least this $60,000 truck proves manliness. I have trouble not cutting idling diesel tires, it looks like you're a needy [beeep] with a truck that cant even survive half the Minnesota climate.

Our cushy money drunk society has fostered hypocritical fruit cups at every turn, most all of them frightened of one harmless thing or another.

Now more than ever can liars, cowards and thieves hide behind their credit score and toys and actually feel good about themselves AND be viewed positively by others. Just one way that capitalism has become hypocritical to conservative values.

geeze, after reading all that i feel bad that we own 3 vehicles, a motor cycle, a camping trailer, a house, more guns than i know what to do with and a dog.

i worked hard all my life for what we have. now retired and have a better than average pension coming in every month. my wife worked hard most of her life also. we have a superb credit rating and we also raised 3 pretty dam good kids.

yeah, i really feel bad. not bad enough to wish we had done anything different though.

Well, that's exactly my point. Who would change when they are getting the material stuff they want, I think that's what started this thread. The ski hill wants global warming to stop but not bad enough to stop growing themselves.

And I'm not trying preach like I'm perfect, it's just a symptom of the times. On a daily basis almost everyone gives up ideological values for some quick material value, ether through negligence or ignorance, and the material value carries more weight now.

If someone has a huge mansion they worked for, payed for and spent their money in the right spots that's great, good for them. If someone has a huge mansion they borrowed money from a bank that donates to the obama campaign and payed the Clinton construction company to build because they quoted lowest then they cant call themselves conservatives, they're hypocrites and this happens non stop all day.

What if you build a modest board and batten house but borrow from the same bank because they are the ones who will loan the money and hire the clinton construction co because they are the cheapest. Are you still a hypocrite?

It can be looked at however any individual wants to look at it.

Around here it's real easy to spend a lifetime working for very left leaning companies. If someone spends a life working for, paying interest to and hiring groups that go against their thoughts... is a few individual votes a decade, at best, enough for their causes to gain from them?

For me. Working my tail off for money, then having to pay that money to some POS company I would rather have go out of business or some sleazy [beeep] is going against the wind.

And it works... I now own 24 acres I could sell for double what I paid(because I was waving cash in the bank`s face), a lifted 98 1500 that will drive through the forest in the middle of winter, a 13' Charger Hemi Persuit I got cheap at auction (crazy fun and fast and I'm about to sell it for profit), all the guns I need to defend myself or hunt 99% of the animals on the planet whether 1 yard or 1200 yards away and a huge safe to lock them in, I work with horses and all the young sexy girls that ride them, I'm self employed, work less than 20hrs a week, the only time I set an alarm is when I want to wake up early to hunt, I cut enough oak lumber and cedar logs to build a house on my property, own a 27' camper trailer until my house is finished, I dont own a TV, never owned a smart phone, I've never had a credit card and I've taken out one loan at 20 years old for a Harley and a mortgage at 28 that is now paid off and I'm set to be debt free for life. I used to be a welder and was working for a very liberal company, I didnt like them, when they wanted me to put in more than 50hrs for just one week I walked out, that's when my life really turned for the possitive.

In hind sight, that $16k I spent on a harley was terrible, if I would have invested that money I would be much better off, but I was a kid that wanted toys and I payed for it, with money, waisted time working to pay it off, speeding tickets and needing
as much chrome, Screaming Eagle and S&S parts and custom paint as possible.

Debt is the wind everyone is going against and ALMOST EVERYONE is so [beeep] whipped by the banks most people actually think a credit card is something they need... NEED!!!

I talk to people all the time that are blown away I was able to get what I have without debt when debt is what's holding these morons back and devaluing their lifes work. Going into debt to try to show off wealth when debt is decreasing wealth, adults, everywhere.

Its insanely liberating to not have ask for money and when you show up to buy anything with cash. You think a 2020 Duramax shows respect? Show up anywhere with cash and the attitude that you could care less about buying or not and you will see respect, many of these people making big sales hardly sees anyone show up with zero debt and cash in hand, most people are trying to borrow money and sign any dotted lines regardless of price tag, they actually scratch their heads about it and drop prices until the cash is in their hands. And that's just the respect shown in stupid trivial matters like buying toys or property. I'm also the one that has to track down and dispatch wounded animals when my inexperienced friends make a bad shot, I've been dropped off in the dark, in the middle of no where to continue to track and find wounded animals someone else shot in a different state when the shooter was too afraid to leave the safety of his one ton to do it. I call in ALL of the coyotes my friends have shot. The respect shown when a 1400lb horse doesnt want to get horseshoes put on and your show of force causes them to change their mind. The respect shown for planning to make your own house almost completely from scratch, and it will come out more beautiful, valuable and unique than what others careers, credit scores and bankers could get them.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerFor me. Working my tail off for money, then having to pay that money to some POS company I would rather have go out of business or some sleazy [beeep] is going against the wind.

And it works... I now own 24 acres I could sell for double what I paid(because I was waving cash in the bank`s face), a lifted 98 1500 that will drive through the forest in the middle of winter, a 13' Charger Hemi Persuit I got cheap at auction (crazy fun and fast and I'm about to sell it for profit), all the guns I need to defend myself or hunt 99% of the animals on the planet whether 1 yard or 1200 yards away and a huge safe to lock them in, I work with horses and all the young sexy girls that ride them, I'm self employed, work less than 20hrs a week, the only time I set an alarm is when I want to wake up early to hunt, I cut enough oak lumber and cedar logs to build a house on my property, own a 27' camper trailer until my house is finished, I dont own a TV, never owned a smart phone, I've never had a credit card and I've taken out one loan at 20 years old for a Harley and a mortgage at 28 that is now paid off and I'm set to be debt free for life. I used to be a welder and was working for a very liberal company, I didnt like them, when they wanted me to put in more than 50hrs for just one week I walked out, that's when my life really turned for the possitive.

In hind sight, that $16k I spent on a harley was terrible, if I would have invested that money I would be much better off, but I was a kid that wanted toys and I payed for it, with money, waisted time working to pay it off, speeding tickets and needing
as much chrome, Screaming Eagle and S&S parts and custom paint as possible.

Debt is the wind everyone is going against and ALMOST EVERYONE is so [beeep] whipped by the banks most people actually think a credit card is something they need... NEED!!!

I talk to people all the time that are blown away I was able to get what I have without debt when debt is what's holding these morons back and devaluing their lifes work. Going into debt to try to show off wealth when debt is decreasing wealth, adults, everywhere.

Its insanely liberating to not have ask for money and when you show up to buy anything with cash. You think a 2020 Duramax shows respect? Show up anywhere with cash and the attitude that you could care less about buying or not and you will see respect, many of these people making big sales hardly sees anyone show up with zero debt and cash in hand, most people are trying to borrow money and sign any dotted lines regardless of price tag, they actually scratch their heads about it and drop prices until the cash is in their hands. And that's just the respect shown in stupid trivial matters like buying toys or property. I'm also the one that has to track down and dispatch wounded animals when my inexperienced friends make a bad shot, I've been dropped off in the dark, in the middle of no where to continue to track and find wounded animals someone else shot in a different state when the shooter was too afraid to leave the safety of his one ton to do it. I call in ALL of the coyotes my friends have shot. The respect shown when a 1400lb horse doesnt want to get horseshoes put on and your show of force causes them to change their mind. The respect shown for planning to make your own house almost completely from scratch, and it will come out more beautiful, valuable and unique than what others careers, credit scores and bankers could get them.

So........
You own some property you bought with cash money because nobody else wanted it, you live in a camper until you get enough wood cut and stacked up to build your dream cabin, you own two old vehicles that nobody else would have, you own a bunch of Mossbergs and keep them in a cheap safe you got on a scratch-and-dent sale at Tractor Supply, and you walked away from a welding job because that dammed company had the audacity to expect a profit from the work they paid you for.
So now you work 20 hours a week, and I’m sure you report every single dollar of your income to the IRS, you hang out with the finest cowgirls that anybody could imagine, and you pick the wimpiest buddies you can find that are afraid to go outside after dark so you can be their hero who fixes all of their screw ups.

You must be living your dream.
rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
Lol. That's a whole lot of assumptions.

Honestly, the least valuable guns I own are a Mosin Nagant I got when I was 18 for $100(even that's worth more than I paid!) and Ramington model 11 with low 5 digit serial number(1904 or 1905.) And I got the land cheap because I did the homework and had extra money to put into surveys before owning it, I had to spend $2000 on surveys to prove I could put in a driveway without disturbing wetlands, everyone else was too scared to risk spending money on a survey just to find out they cant get a driveway in, it's even got a hay field on 1/3rd of it and hay prices are skyrocketing.

But this also goes to show, it's all about image. What the heck would it matter if it was mossberg or benelli? In my experiences the dude with the mossberg knows how to use it and the guy with the benelli is too busy working and recuperating from work on the couch with a beer. When I started Fclass I was beating guys with way fancier rifles and reloading setups. I was reloading with the beginer Lee kit, press not even bolted down(still isnt) and that toy of a balance beam Lee scale. The guys with the fancy pretty stuff are the first ones I would love to challenge for anything.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerIn my experiences the dude with the mossberg knows how to use it and the guy with the benelli is too busy working and recuperating from work on the couch with a beer.

seems as though you make an assumption or 2 yourself. lol

Back