The toughest coyotes

Decoyed

Ok we have all been chasing coyotes a long time. Me personally have hunted 5 different states for them. I've noticed some places are tougher to call them in then others due to pressure or lack of dogs. Here in Minnesota calling coyotes to any kind of a consistency would be done at night but are still tough due to pressure. North Dakota seems to be getting that way also but I still can mange to call a few in during the day. I guess what I'm asking is in general what are your toughest states to call in coyotes and possibly have day time success.

Toughest places here are public ground within 2 hrs drive of a human populated area.
Many times it isn't always safe to even be there.

All I know is that I dont have daytime success here.

I just got back from an evening hunt and walking out at 5pm I see a coyote around 400 yards away crossing open ice. It ducked behind some cattails out of sight and I headed that way, it popped out from behind cover around 300 yards and I had to to sit down, flip my scope cover open and get it in my sights before it was gone again... I'm kicking myself for not trying to bark at it in hope it would stop moving.

Always at a trot, I didnt notice it look over at and the second time it was closer than the first and I knew it didnt see me the second time.

I set up my foxpro quick and made a hasty stand, the wind was in my favor but i didnt have the most cover. It never showed up to the call and it was right there, it could have seen me before calling though.

Back