Wyoming?

xj-jake

Gentlemen and women if applicable.

My brother and I have talked for years about doing a big game hunt together. The subject was brought up again in the last month and we have been discussing a few things. Due to my recent divorce some funds are tight. He’s all on board for a guided bear hunt in Canada, which I’m down for, but financially I’m not comfortable swinging it for a year or 2.

I brought up the idea of a Wyoming mulie or antelope hunt, public land, over the counter kind of a deal. He lives on the western slope of Colorado and I’m in central Minnesota. I figured it’d be roughly even drive wise, closer for him, but it’s something we can both get into. I wouldn’t even be opposed to a black hills mulie hunt.

I wanted some opinions or ideas of what you guys have done or could recommend for a hunt on this order. I could care less if we kill anything, this is more about spending time with my brother and reconnecting. Throw some ideas at me, guides, spots, different types of hunts. I’m open to almost anything.

Thank you all in advance!

It seems the easiest is often pronghorns in WY. My neighbor does it most every year, private ranch, pays a little.

Another option is prairie dogging somewhere, meet in SD or WY. The best time is mid-June +/-, now we have this Covid thing that could mess things up.

Your brother may have a handle on local(to him) elk/deer hunting in CO. If that was the case, it may be easier to do a hunt out his way. Depending on location & housing, staying at his place, & public land would cut expenses.

Back