In search of a chair....again!

SouthTXBowhunter

I’m back in search of a lightweight chair for calling. This year we have more ground level clutter that’s making visibility bad when I sit on a ground seat. I don’t like it but I need to get elevated a bit. I’m looking for something that is as lightweight and compact as I can get - so it’ll fit in a small pack or strap to it. Been looking at 12,549 different chairs on Amazon, ExpertVoice and Guidefitter but, before I buy anything, I was just curious what elevated chairs you’re using. Maybe there’s something out there that I haven’t seen. I’d like to get up about 12”-18”

Don't know if they still have them but bought these kids folding camp chairs from Academy 10 years or so ago and they are perfect height (for me) to get elbows on knees for really steady rest off sticks. Seat is 12" off ground; best part is it has four legs; very solid built & stable. Have had three leg stools dump me when soft sand caves into a mole hole.

35534422252_87512fdc0e_z.jpg

Regards,
hm

I needed something a little taller also. Found this red one at Gander Mountain. Couldn't find any manufacture info cause I bought it 6 months ago. Also you can find a rotating seat lid for a 5 gallon bucket at Academy that is super.
dnuYUPD.jpg

Originally Posted By: Terry LightleI use a Double Bull Blind chair,comfortable ,quiet and not really heavy.Been using them for several years.

Yeah, I’ve got a bunch of those. They’re a little higher than I wanted. We’re in brush country where there’s not much to cover you at full chair height; but that may be my best option. Wish I could find one of those short chairs like @hm1996 posted. I had one but it broke and I haven’t found another one.

Originally Posted By: hm1996Don't know if they still have them but bought these kids folding camp chairs from Academy 10 years or so ago and they are perfect height (for me) to get elbows on knees for really steady rest off sticks. Seat is 12" off ground; best part is it has four legs; very solid built & stable. Have had three leg stools dump me when soft sand caves into a mole hole.

Regards,
hm

Wish I could find one. Had one similar years ago, but it died.

They're perfect in S TX brush. I haven't seen them for a while. I've sewn canvas up a few times using a finishing nail for a needle and nylon trot line string and replaced one leg with thin wall conduit, but mine are at least 10-12 years old.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: SouthTXBowhunterOriginally Posted By: hm1996Don't know if they still have them but bought these kids folding camp chairs from Academy 10 years or so ago and they are perfect height (for me) to get elbows on knees for really steady rest off sticks. Seat is 12" off ground; best part is it has four legs; very solid built & stable. Have had three leg stools dump me when soft sand caves into a mole hole.

Regards,
hm

Wish I could find one. Had one similar years ago, but it died.

Check Walmart.
sick.gif

I use my turkey seat, a H.S. Strut Deluxe Strut Seat with a Hunt Comfort Fatboy seat cushion duct taped to the top. It has a shoulder sling long enough to go around your neck and with the legs facing in will straddle your body to carry. No backrest, but you can twist to the side pretty easy if you need to.
Also try searching folding or collapsible beach chairs, they are the short ones.

Ditto on the easy seat. easy to pack...pretty light. Love the back for comfort. Just be careful,
the front leg centers you know where.

Back