Hogster 35mm vs Trail xp50

I haven't, but have used the Helion XP38 and the Hogster 35. It isn't a true apples to apples comparison, but a Pulsar 640 and the Hogster 384.

I threw together this chart to help you compare. They have a similar base mag and field of view. I find the Hogster image is exceptional for spotting game such as coyotes. This is why my hunting partner keeps using my Hogster for his scanner. However, I find the actual animal detail better on the Pulsar 640 units.

The Pulsar wins on the recording and integration to StreamVision, while the Hogster can be used for more purposes due to it's compact size, and it also comes with a base, and has a 4 year warranty.

comp5.jpg

Bering Optics mentioned this to me at Shot Show as I am one of the people who was asking for it. I will say a lot of things are talked about at Shot Show and some happen and some don't. I heard nothing about a potential release as soon as the 2nd half of this year.

... not to mention the fact that Fimware 4.0 can now be installed on the Pulsar Thermion XP50. This creates a new on / off option in the menu: Image Detail Boost. In the on position the details become much more precise, the focus is easier, the 2X digital zoom grains the image very little. I spoke to the Italian importer of Pulsar, if after the installation of the new Firmware there were problems, it is better to enter the settings menu, reset everything and return to the initial factory conditions. This does not uninstall the Image Detail Boost option, but everything else works much better.

From the comparative table Hoster-R 35mm vs Pulsar Thermion XP50, published by Kirsch always with excellent precision, this important parameter is found:

Recoil Rating:

Hogster (caliber rifle) .308

Pulsar (caliber rifle) .375

For even more precise, how can it be transformed into maximum recoil energy in foot-pounds tolerable by the 2 devices?
For example: the .308 caliber corresponds to a maximum value of 2500 or 2750 or 3000 ft/lb? And for the .375 caliber, what maximum energy does it correspond to?

Originally Posted By: Ernest49From the comparative table Hoster-R 35mm vs Pulsar Thermion XP50, published by Kirsch always with excellent precision, this important parameter is found:

Recoil Rating:

Hogster (caliber rifle) .308

Pulsar (caliber rifle) .375

For even more precise, how can it be transformed into maximum recoil energy in foot-pounds tolerable by the 2 devices?
For example: the .308 caliber corresponds to a maximum value of 2500 or 2750 or 3000 ft/lb? And for the .375 caliber, what maximum energy does it correspond to? It appears most .308s run between 2500 and 3000 ft/lbs as you said. Looking at the Pulsar website for the Thermion XP50, it lists the Max. recoil power on rifled weapon (Eo), 6000 Joules. I believe this equates to roughly 4425 ft/lbs. So, based on these number, it appears Pulsars are rated for about 30% more recoil than many other scopes including the HOgster.

Back