turning my own calls

Yotarunner

Custom Call Maker
so around christmas i bought myself a new wood lathe with the intention of learning to make my own hand calls. it took me a while to find reeds up here in canuck land but i managed to source a few JC custom reeds and have been playing around.
im still working on trying to get the right final finish on my calls but im enjoying the process!
here is a few of them so far. woods are either chunks of old shotgun stocks or some hardwood handrail that was given to me. the acrylic mini call was my attempt at recovering after a mistake on my part resulting in a chunk of my almost finished call being broken and shot across the shop.
any tips tricks and or criticism are welcomed!
IMG_20200213_185931 by brad , on Flickr

Sharp looking calls, especially the acrylic. Throw a reed in that one and post it for sale
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: West.Mass.HunterSharp looking calls, especially the acrylic. Throw a reed in that one and post it for sale
thumbup.gif

Thanks! I'd love to one day sell a few but there's still minor imperfections that I need to fix first. I threw a reed in it and it sounds awesome! It's going on my personal lanyard.

Back