Calling Snow Covered Road

desertrat

Would like some opinions if anyone has done this. Spotlights are a no no in my area. Theres a road nearby that runs through sagebrush that's getting a lot of coyote traffic. I'm sure this is at night. I have also seem some favored entrance and exit points along the road. I'm thinking about my E-caller and my 12ga with 4 buck. I figure on tucking into the sage a little about 25yds away where I can still see the caller, but I'm not sure where I want to place the caller on the road? Accross from one of the entrance points? One's thing for sure, when the sun drops in Utah it's colder that heck! I'm banking on the snow for visibility. Any suggestions??

Thanks
Bob

I use to do the same pretty much in northern Wisconsin on logging roads. The hardest thing was it happened so fast usually. I'm not sure about the shotgun. First off its buck shot, might as well through rocks at it. Maybe that's just me [beeep].
I always had best luck putting my caller off to the side, hidden behind something a bit. A decoy might work to

Originally Posted By: Jonny88 First off its buck shot, might as well through rocks at it. Maybe that's just me [beeep].

I'm pretty sure it's "just you"! Buckshot is more then enough within its patterned range and I'd rather take 2 fist fulls of rocks then any kind of buckshot at any distance

Originally Posted By: Jonny88 The hardest thing was it happened so fast usually.
A shotgun is probably best suited for areas like these

Back to the original poster. You've got a solid idea that would work well while playing the wind. I'd keep the call in the road
GOOD LUCK

Haha yeah I seen that to after, my bad. Honestly [beeep] do you like buckshot. I've had terrible luck with it. I much prefer t shot or bb. In lead or hevi shot

I can't use buckshot in Massachusetts but I would if I could. It's much cheaper the T shot and with the correct choke and patterning it could be just as good as my setup

Back