When is the latest you have seen breeding activity?

I went out again today and had zero success. Once again I was responded to by howls but nothing showed. Had one answer my initial greeting howl with a challenge howl. I responded back with a challenge and then never heard or seen from him again.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: YoteslayerWAI went out again today and had zero success. Once again I was responded to by howls but nothing showed. Had one answer my initial breathing howl with a challenge howl. I responded back with a challenge and then never heard or seen from him again.

Breathing Howl??

Was he snoring?

February 4th I videoed 6 coyote together, 1 dominant male,2 females, 3 sub males. Only one of the female was bred by the dominant male. For 2-2 1/2 weeks prior, I spotted numerous pairs, with some early morning bonding activity. I shot 6 doubles in that period. Since running a suppressor, doubles on spot stalk bedded coyote have been common, even with a 22-250. Before running a suppressor, a 2nd coyote from a pair was usually a running shot, unless I used my 17 rem. This week, I have seen singles again, although a friend had 3-4 come into a bait. He didn't see any breeding behaviors.

Originally Posted By: tripod3Seems like March here.

I would agree with that here, I've seen and recorded breeding up until mid March.

A buddy told me he went out last night and opened with a male invitational howl and immediately got the female "I got a headache" response. Following 6 stands were blanks. Guess it's over 'til next year.
ohmy.gif

Regards,
hm

In an area I've been hunting the past month I've seen a pair of coyotes defending a territory. On Feb 8 I killed a young male coyote in that area - it was not part of the pair. This Saturday I was on the same pair. A single coyote moved in and bedded, but the pair discovered it and ran it off 2 - 3 miles away from me. I believe the pair has bred already based on this activity. Afterward I checked out the carcass from the previous weekend and the ravens picked it clean.

Originally Posted By: hm1996A buddy told me he went out last night and opened with a male invitational howl and immediately got the female "I got a headache" response. Following 6 stands were blanks. Guess it's over 'til next year.
ohmy.gif

Regards,
hm

I dunno. I was out last night (between Hondo & Uvalde) and heard submissive whimpering.
while getting setup, like I associate with breeding. I shot a female last week that was in heat. I’ve never been much into using coyote vocals and generally use distress sounds; but now I’m wanting to learn to use vocals effectively, so I’m paying more attention. So, maybe it’s not over yet. At least in my area of STX

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotwent all night and into the morning once. was worn out for 3 days.

What is his name?

I think some of you guys might be mistaking actual breeding with recreation or practicing.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotwent all night and into the morning once. was worn out for 3 days.

What is his name?
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

What is his name?

Mr. Poppadopalis was his name.

Back