Wraith IR upgrade ??

slush719

I will be using my Wraith at night, to hunt pigs. The baits sites are under 100 yards. I was wondering if there would much of an improvement to upgrade the factory IR illuminator. I was wanting maybe the Sniper Hog 66LRX.I know this light is very popular, for long range viewing, At this point I am not planning on hunting long distance. But I like the idea of getting more performance out of my Wraith.

Thanks for any thoughts

For 100 yards i would stick with the factory, i have an aftermarket from ron brimmer outdoors that works good for long range but i bet you might be surprised with the factory ir

The Sniper Hog 66LRX will be much larger and heavier but with a much better range and rechargeable battery setup, it will be more versatile with choices of light color modules along with the IR.

Thanks I want to order the 66LRX. I believe that it will be a very verstatile light. I am thinking about ordering the red and white light.

What mount are you using and where did you mount your light?

I am placing mine on a AR-15 rifle.

A farmer bought this with a coyote cannon/predator pro mount.
Another farmer loaned an ar15 to mount it.
The cannon has a little longer barrel and is mounted on top. The nut had to be ground off a bit to clear the scope and get tight.

Thank you for the input, I placed an order, for the 66LRX.
Right now for my hunting needs, of hunting pigs less then 100 yards, I think it might be an over kill. However I ordered a couple of other colored lights, so that it will serve several functions. Plus I like the idea of being able to stretch out the distance of the Wraith.
Thanks again.

Back