New Tikka T3X

Houser in NC

I received my new Tikka T3X Lite in 6.5 Creedmoor this week and was anxious to shoot it. Mounted a Sightron Big Sky 3-12X42 on top, ran some patches through the bore and wiped everything down.

Since reloading the CM was a new caliber for me I ordered new RCBS dies and Starline small primer brass. I already had suitable powders and decided to try Reloder 16 powder first and CCI 450 primers.
Using the Alliant powder online load data I picked a starting charge of 42.0 grs of RL16 and seated the Hornady 129gr Interlock .020 off at 2.775" oal.

After sighting the scope by looking through the bore at 50yds, the first shot was on paper but low and right. Adjusted the scope and shot 2 more. I then set up my table at 100yds. First shot was a little high from the POA but good left and right, second and third shot was almost in the same hole as the first! Didn't get the chance to chrono this load but will do it later. Estimated velocity is around 2800fps.

Not too bad for a stock, out of the box rifle. I'm pretty pumped about it.

I have the same exact gun. I don't reload so my groups aren't that good but they are close. That rifle is as accurate as any factory rifle on the planet. Love mine and congrats on yours.

That’s great to see because I actually have been thinking about picking up a tikka in 6.5 creedmoor. I have never owned a tikka but have heard nothing but great things.

Originally Posted By: BoomstickKind of a no brainer. May take a few weeks to get, but if you don't mind the wait.....Yes it's legit, people on other sites have ordered and received.

https://lockedloaded.com/product/tikka-t...#product_detail

That's a great deal! I bought mine from Euro Optics at $569 and thought that I had done pretty well compared to other vendors. I had mine in 3 days though so I don't have any regrets but the $100 savings in my pocket would have been nice.

They have a good deal on stainless also. I actually ordered one and they told me it’s usually 3-5 day ship time but could be up to 10 if anyone was wondering.

Last edited:
I live 16 miles from their store and have got some incredible deals there. Great bunch to deal with and they have some unbelievable sales at times.

Well I purchased on the 12th and still haven’t got a shipping confirmation so unless what you’re buying is a excellent deal or you don’t mind waiting I would shop elsewhere.

Back