Primo Shooting Stick?

Originally Posted By: ZbackHas anybody placed some kind of gripper/claw on top of their gen 3 tripod instead of the factory V yoke it came with?

It's threaded, so that should be possible. I have no interest in that, since the very essence of the TS to me is the ability to rapidly redeploy or quickly bring the firearm to bear on a target that can't be shot from the rest. Clamping my firearm into the tripod would negate all of the positive aspects of the TS for me.

I had all 3 generations and they work great.the tripod is the best.I just bought the gen 3 and ordered the wide V yoke for crossbows or wide forend stocks.

I bought a set of the bipod last year for spring turkey and have used them several times. I can absolutely see the appeal of the tripod version, but have been content with what I have. Super lightweight and easy to use. They also make good trekking sticks, and as someone else mentioned, are great for leaning my rifle against and stacking my extra gear on while resting.

Last edited:
My primos trigger stick actually “sticks” and a leg will not extend when it is cold outside. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, is there a solution? Thanks. Dan

Originally Posted By: DMiller307My primos trigger stick actually “sticks” and a leg will not extend when it is cold outside. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, is there a solution? Thanks. Dan
This is the problem I have seen. Water gets in because the legs are upside down from a normal tripod(bigger up top and smaller below) and it will freeze and/or rust interfering with the lock mechanism. I think the legs are aluminum but something in there rusts because rusty water came out. Other than that I like the short bipod for coyotes. Only $55 here;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Primos-Jim-Shockey-Short-Bipod-Gen-3-Trigger-Stick-Gun-Rest-18-38-65811/323716540159?hash=item4b5f0266ff:g:cGkAAOSwWlxceWVQ

Last edited:
Back