Stoeger shotgun choke tubes.

762x39

Anyone know of an aftermarket manufacturer that makes a full choke, steel shot rated choke tube for the 12 ga. Stoeger 2000 semi Auto? The tubes that came with this gun a scaving off chrome and getting difficult to get out of the gun. Thanks in advance for any help.

You shouldn't need a full choke that is rated for lead shot to shoot steel shot through it.

A Light/Modified or Modified choke will give you very tight patterns with steel shot.

On Carlson's web site they recommend that you don't use steel shot larger than BB and loads faster than 1550 fps in their Full and Extra Full chokes.

What size of steel shot are you shooting?

Think in terms of the amount of constriction from the bore size and not a label of "full" or whatever the choke manufacturer slaps on the choke. The waterfowl chokes are often labeled with "full" or "long range" and yet the actual constriction is only a true modified of .020". Pretty confusing labeling happens when steel shot enters the scene.

EDIT: Auto correct/spell changed constriction to construction. Reading a response caused me to realize the error. Corrected now, CONSTRICTION of choke from the bore size is what matters.

Last edited:
762, auto spell caused an error in my original post. Please check the EDIT.

Also, unless there was some law in place requiring steel shot I would quit the steel for a better performing lead or tungsten shot.

Back