Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3231444 - 02/03/20 03:02 PM Re: cell phone traps [Re: LDhunter]
Plant.One Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland County, MI
Originally Posted By: LDhunter

It occurs to me that this might be the kind of thing that roadside bombs are commonly triggered by in the mideast and I'm surprised that they're so readily available but then it seems that you can buy almost anything on the net these days. LOL

i doubt they're using anthing this sophisticated or expensive.

im sure most of them are wired into basic burner phones speaker and triggered by a call to the unit with someone watching it.

#3231890 - 02/05/20 12:38 PM Re: cell phone traps [Re: Gman757]
larryb Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: ga,usa
Thanks so for the response and the pictures...I made the mistake of ordering the GSM from china and I'm still waiting on it, but in the meantime I have built a 6' guillotine gate, got the trigger system figured out and have it all in primer right now. I have right at 200.00 dollars in the new gate, the GSM was purchased for 100.00 (and coming on a slow boat from China) the door popper I have is a sixty lb. pull (I paid 25.00 for it off E-Bay). I also purchased a waterproof electrical box (12"x12"x6") from Lowe's for 36.00). I did have one question, since the GSM comes with (2) 30 amp relay was it necessary to add the 30 amp auto relay. Thanks again for you help, it's greatly appreciated...

#3231914 - 02/05/20 02:17 PM Re: cell phone traps [Re: larryb]
Gman757 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: FL
Originally Posted By: larryb
I did have one question, since the GSM comes with (2) 30 amp relay was it necessary to add the 30 amp auto relay. Thanks again for you help, it's greatly appreciated...

Larry....the original unit wiring also had a relay in it but the 4 prong Auto relay I used was easier to work with. All of the information I could find included using the auto relay and all I can say is it WORKS.

If you can figure out a way around it go for it but you will only be saving about $6 on the relay and buying a couple of BC powders.

Edited by Gman757 (02/11/20 12:27 AM)

#3232033 - 02/06/20 08:08 AM Re: cell phone traps [Re: Gman757]
larryb Offline
Seasoned Member

Gman, thanks again, I've gone ahead and purchased a relay. Thanks for the information the drawing was a tremendous help. Now if the slow boat from China will get here maybe I can get it wired up and get it in the field and see what it'll do. Again thank you for your help, I truly appreciate it.

#3233344 - 02/12/20 12:04 PM Re: cell phone traps [Re: larryb]
Gman757 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: FL

We got our trap set up on one of my properties a few days ago. I'm hoping for a good rain in the next few days to dissipate our scent and get the hogs coming in.

We used eight 16 foot panels with T posts and it made a good sized trap area.

I have a cell camera on a tree looking down into the trap and another set in the field facing the gate that is set to record 10 second videos.

You can see how torn up the field is from rooting. The hogs at the feeder have not been back that I can tell since we have set up the trap.

Edited by Gman757 (02/12/20 12:20 PM)

#3233401 - 02/12/20 06:11 PM Re: cell phone traps [Re: Gman757]
larryb Offline
Seasoned Member

Looks good Gman...hopefully the hogs will cooperate and you can catch a bunch...good luck

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  SkyPup 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.