Double Shot of My Baby's Love

DoubleUp

We had one in the field when we got to the Sixpack location. My hunting partner wasn't comfortable with the shot, probably about 150 yds. and I didn't shoot it out from under him. So we let that one walk. Then after waiting a few minutes a couple of howls on the hand call had this one coming straight down the field. He made a nice 132 yd. shot on her and gave her a follow up for insurance.

IMG_0584 by Double Up, on Flickr

We let things settle down about 5 minutes and made another couple of howls. I spotted one at about 300 but I knew he was crossing into our downwind. I think I could have killed him but he was in line with some houses about half a mile away and so I passed on the shot. He caught our wind and was gone. So pretty good action that could have been a triple and should have been a double.

Video:

After I got home last night, I saw a pair in the field and killed this female. She weighed in at 28.75 lbs. Unfortunately I didn't get the recording.

Here is the second-female 28.75 lbs.

IMG_0587 by Double Up, on Flickr

I think I will check with the thermal scope makers and see if they can make the scope so the video must be on in order to take the safety off of the gun lololololol.

Congrats on another one, just like the other.....BUNCH!

Lol, that mouse is a classic. He looked like he was heart shot. I could have been a basketball player if I could have had a vertical leap like that. Coyotes don't have to work too hard to get a meal there.

Back