Grendel guys, I need some bullet input

kooman

I am currently building a 12.5” Grendel to play around with shooting mainly coyotes under 250yds. It’s a 1:8 barrel from Ritch and need thoughts on some bullets to try. I shoot a lot of 123 out of my 20” but I thought I might want to try some lighter loads with the short one. I don’t usually save fur but I don’t want to pick up the pieces either. Any thoughts on some bullet/powder combinations to start working up would be appreciated.

I've had decent enough luck with 107tmks out of mine, but its not a short barrel rig. Mines actually a 24" Bear Creek Arsenal upper and I was able to get it to shoot just under 3/4" groups for now.

I'm shooting 90 gr Varmageddon's with Benchmark in my 18" Grendel AR. Very accurate and works well on coyotes. Not sure about a short bbl.

The short barrel is definitely going to be an experiment, most of the internet talk is guys running 123’s from their short barrels with great results. I will just have to see how it goes. I know my 20” bhw prefers the 123

I loaded some Nosler 100gr Custom Comp's in my Mini Howa, they shot very well and killed a 30 yard coyote just fine, not fine enough to skin but I was able to drag him out behind some cactus in one trip.

Originally Posted By: GhostmanWhy on earth would you put that short of a barrel on a Grendel?

Because it will be a real handy rifle with a suppressor, because the ballistics are still very good for a short barrel, way better energy than a short 223, and because I can. Lol. I just think it will be fun to play around with without the extra length

Back