Bore Scope Recommendations

Originally Posted By: McGrawI didn’t click on what you posted here, but I hear great things about the Teslong scopes on Amazon.
The link is Teslong so that's good to know. Just found a smaller one that will fit 20 cal also.

I bought the Lyman a few years ago and it's fairly decent, but I also purchased the Teslong awhile back and it not only cost a lot less but the picture quality is superior to the Lyman.

I already have the Lyman and I can use it with my .20 bore guns. This Teslong will do down to .224 bores it says. I do wish that I had one for my .17 caliber guns though.

Russ, I'm pretty sure I used my Teslong on my 20-222 when I first got it but I don't 100% recall if I did. Great, now the curiosity has me and I'll have to go see to make sure, one way or the other. If I recall the end of the Teslong measured something like .195 but don't quote me on that as I'm not positive.

I am positive it will not work on our little 17's which is kind of unfortunate.

It works great on other bore diameters. I use mine on my Mosin and my 270. I think it will definitely change the bore scope game. Other brands are way over priced compared to it.

Originally Posted By: CRE10Does anyone make one for a .17? Not a requirement, just curious.

Not to my knowledge. Not the electronic ones anyway. I have three .17 bore guns and I would love to take a peek down the barrels on occasion. I only use my Lyman about 2-3 times a season but it's nice to have. Actually, I was a bit horrified at how awful my 'clean' barrels looked the first time I used it. Maybe I would be better off not having one for .17 calibers after all.

Originally Posted By: crapshootWish they would make an adapter so it could plug into a cell phone instead of a computer.

Not sure if adapter is available but...... Teslong Bore Scope

Regards,
hm

If I hadn't just bought a Lyman, I'd be all over that thing.
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: shelton573I ordered one Saturday. Should be here tomorrow. We will see how it works.
Let us know what you think.

I just mounted a new scope, bases & rings on a rifle. In about 5 shots I was already fine-tuning things. No I didn’t start with a bore-scope, nothing against them though.

Back