I need FoxPro help immediately.

OKRattler

I tried downloading new sounds onto my call tonight and deleted a sound that came with my FoxPro. After I downloaded the new sounds it wouldn't let me transfer them to my remote because the sounds weren't in order. I looked through my sounds and only half or less showed up on the screen. Turns out if all of the sounds aren't in order on the screen you can't download anymore and the one I deleted is gone and can't be recovered. What do I do now?

I think I may have just junked my call. It ain't got anywhere near the amount of sounds it had on it before. It permanently deleted it. I mean there's really no way to get it back I don't think.

Last edited:
This isn't much help right now, plus I'm exhausted from two straight days in the field. But I have an external hard drive that I just to back up all my sounds. Foxpro, Tony Tebbe, etc. Might help in the future.

Also, I'd be willing to bet Foxpro might help you out and send you the sounds that you deleted.

Good luck!

That's the crazy part I just deleted one. They're numbered 1 through 75 and I deleted 29. So that sound and 30 through 75 is gone too. It's crazy I don't understand it.

I’ve struggled with downloading sounds to my Fusion. A call to Foxpro got me up and going in 15 minutes. Give them a call.

Did you not do a backup, mine asks me every time I connect it to the computer? I’ve also found that they are out of order sometimes because of me shifting things around in the folders. I thought I’d done the same thing once but found coyote sounds in my deer sounds folder for instance.

Well I had all of the standard sounds that came on my call popped up on the screen so I scrolled down and deleted one I never use to make more room. It said it would be permanently deleted. I never use it so I thought ok that's cool with me. Deleted it and tried to send the new sounds from my call to my remote and it said there was an error. After reading up on it I discovered all of the original sounds have to be in order to get the new sounds on it. I had deleted sound number 29 which automatically deleted every sound except 1-28.

I tried to recover that sound but from what I can tell when it said permanently delete it meant that.

Last edited:
Ok so I'm pretty sure that sound is gone. Is there any way I can rearrange the numbers so that the remaining sounds will be in order?

I'm not near my computer right now to check but you should be able to change sounds around as you need.
using this method I have re arranged my caller a few times

Originally Posted By: YotarunnerI'm not near my computer right now to check but you should be able to change sounds around as you need.
using this method I have re arranged my caller a few times

Oh ok I thought I probably had to do it from there but I didn't know how. I'll give it a go and see if I can get it. Thanks man I appreciate it. If all else fails I'll call FoxPro and talk to somebody. Thanks everyone.

Originally Posted By: Possumal57If you used the Foxpro Programming Utility, they ask you if you want to make a backup when you start editing sounds. Check that.

I think that's what I did wrong when I plugged in the cable into my call and then into the computer it brought all of the sounds up in a folder. I need to download the FoxPro program in order for this to work.

Originally Posted By: OKRattlerThat's the crazy part I just deleted one. They're numbered 1 through 75 and I deleted 29. So that sound and 30 through 75 is gone too. It's crazy I don't understand it.
You should be able to take sound number 75 and move it to spot '29' (the one you deleted) and just have 1-74. Hope this helps

I got it figured out I just can't figure out why the sounds didn't transfer onto the remote in the "Categories" I have to go to "Sound list" to view the sounds I downloaded. It's no big deal really at least they transferred over. It just seems kind of strange it worked out that way.

When I got on the FoxPro program it said there was an error. It had a button that said Fix It so that's what I pushed.

Last edited:
Make sure you DO NOT EVER delete the grasshopper in distress but if you do the Foxpro techs are good enough they can probably find it

Originally Posted By: OKRattlerI got it figured out I just can't figure out why the sounds didn't transfer onto the remote in the "Categories" I have to go to "Sound list" to view the sounds I downloaded. It's no big deal really at least they transferred over. It just seems kind of strange it worked out that way.

When I got on the FoxPro program it said there was an error. It had a button that said Fix It so that's what I pushed.

That is another advantage of the Foxpro Programming Utility. Glad you got squared away.

Back