Night Goggles Inc

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3231906 - 02/05/20 01:44 PM MKIII 60mm Accessories
dirtytough Offline

Loc: North Dakota
I ended up picking up a Trijicon MKIII 60mm.

What accessories should a guy get. Main thing I'm not sure of is do I get the external battery pack kit, or the internal rechargeable kit.

The internal seems like the way to go since there won't be any extra cords hanging out to get caught on. But if its better to get the adapter and an external battery pack that's what I will do.

I was looking at something like this IR-X RECHARGEABLE POWER KIT compared to this IR Hunter External USB Battery Adapter Kit

https://www.nightvisionoutfitters.com/products/ir-x-rechargeable-power-kit-trijicon-ir-hunter

https://www.ultimatenightvision.com/USB-Power-Adapter-p/unvirdadpt-kit.htm

Regards, Branden

#3231908 - 02/05/20 01:56 PM Re: MKIII 60mm Accessories [Re: dirtytough]
1trkyhntr Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Southside Virginia
I've never used the external battery pack I did not want the bulk or the cord. I use this, way cheaper and it will last more than all night;

https://thermalopticsplus.com/collection...ble-battery-kit

#3231913 - 02/05/20 02:08 PM Re: MKIII 60mm Accessories [Re: 1trkyhntr]
dirtytough Offline

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntr
I've never used the external battery pack I did not want the bulk or the cord. I use this, way cheaper and it will last more than all night;

https://thermalopticsplus.com/collection...ble-battery-kit

That is a lot like the one I was looking at. Its about $150 less than the external kit. Seems like the external kit would need to have some major pro's about it for the price difference. I'm not seeing what the pro's are though.

#3231919 - 02/05/20 02:32 PM Re: MKIII 60mm Accessories [Re: dirtytough]
Rookietjx2 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: IN
I've used both the UNV and the metalworx. My experience below...

Metalworx.
Pros - lighter, cheaper, no cords.
Cons - battery life is 6-8 hours.

UNV.

Pros - battery life is amazing.
Neutral - cords.
Cons - expensive. Customer service is terrible.

I had the UNV unit for a little over a year. It started shorting out, so I called and asked about warranty. I was informed that there was no warranty, and I would have to buy a new end cap for somewhere around $200. If I were a business owner, I wouldn't screw a customer over a $10 part that I'm charging a ridiculous price for, but to each their own. I liked the UNV kit better because of the battery life, but I can't recommend a product that isn't backed up by customer service.

Funny story, I called metalworx and told them I was looking at their product because I was having issues with my UNV kit. He laughed and said, "Let me guess, it's shorting out".

#3231920 - 02/05/20 02:34 PM Re: MKIII 60mm Accessories [Re: Rookietjx2]
Rookietjx2 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: IN
Also, get a vortex flip cap - the largest one they sell. It's much better than the junk Butler Creek.

#3231922 - 02/05/20 02:53 PM Re: MKIII 60mm Accessories [Re: dirtytough]
dirtytough Offline

Ordered the Metalworx. Its worth calling and talking to them. Thanks for the info and advice.

Regards, Branden

#3232148 - 02/06/20 07:53 PM Re: MKIII 60mm Accessories [Re: dirtytough]
Mr. Poppadopalis Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Metro Denver
1. What is UNV
2. I run a cord and I have a pouch for my external battery pack.

Wire s taped down and the pouch is very secure.

#3232166 - 02/06/20 09:00 PM Re: MKIII 60mm Accessories [Re: Mr. Poppadopalis]
1trkyhntr Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Southside Virginia
Originally Posted By: Mr. Poppadopalis
1. What is UNV

UNV is Ultimate Night Vision. They sell their own branded external battery pack. Basically an Anker style battery pack with a cable and some velcro for $329.00.

#3232186 - 02/06/20 09:59 PM Re: MKIII 60mm Accessories [Re: 1trkyhntr]
Mr. Poppadopalis Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Metro Denver
Originally Posted By: Mr. Poppadopalis
1. What is UNV

UNV is Ultimate Night Vision. They sell their own branded external battery pack. Basically an Anker style battery pack with a cable and some velcro for $329.00.

Hmmmmmmm!

#3232438 - 02/08/20 11:55 AM Re: MKIII 60mm Accessories [Re: 1trkyhntr]
skinney Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: South Dakota
They sell their own branded external battery pack. Basically an Anker style battery pack with a cable and some velcro for $329.00.

This is misinformation that gives companies a bad name by withholding additional info.

You forgot about the custom battery cap, that has the integrated 9v plug that was designed for multiple IRD now Trijicon units, that BTW Trijicon approved to run on their units without voiding warranty. Who designed it? who payed for it? Who took the risk mass producing this piece and saved the consumer more than what it's worth in filling the dump with burnt up CR123's ?... I've done the math, on how many CR's I use in a year vs this set up.

The pro's of this glorified "battery pack with a cable and some velcro for $329.00" has paid for itself multiple times through my experience.

They'll hear ya three times, see ya twice, but only smell ya once.

Play the Rabbit, and they will come.

#3232445 - 02/08/20 01:12 PM Re: MKIII 60mm Accessories [Re: skinney]
igor Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: amarillo texas
I also own and use both devices. They both work great. I was having a slight problem with losing connectivity with the custom cap on the UNV/Anker setup and used a slight dab of dielectric 100% pure silicon grease available at most autoparts stores. Thought it might help cause the Metal Works rechargeable set up recommends it. No more issues.

#3232594 - 02/09/20 02:13 AM Re: MKIII 60mm Accessories [Re: dirtytough]
g Bo Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Utah
You can fix your lose of connection really simple.

I just mounted my MK 3 60 mm on my bolt 243. Every time I shot on my first outing the recoil unplugged it and it went dark. When I got home I pulled the plug from the scope and wrapped one wrap of scotch tape around it and trimmed the length with a razor blade. End of problems. The unv battery pack lasts all night, (on 60 hrtz) I even leave my scope turned on in my truck between stands. Iíve never had cords get in the way yet.

Never used the metalworks, looks interesting.

As far as customer service from unv Iíve never had a problem with them, never had a problem with Tom Austin either. I respect them both and get treated great.

#3232744 - 02/09/20 02:54 PM Re: MKIII 60mm Accessories [Re: g Bo]
Victor_TNVC Offline
PM Sponsor

Loc: USA
For the life of me why pay these prices for battery packs? We do a custom TRB with no butt stock this or that for $169!

We designed it oursevles and saw the highway robbery of what the current pricing out there was!
https://tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-thermal-remote-battery-trb/

http://www.tnvc.com
"Eliminating our adversaries 940nanometers at a time"

#3232746 - 02/09/20 02:57 PM Re: MKIII 60mm Accessories [Re: skinney]
Victor_TNVC Offline
PM Sponsor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: skinney
They sell their own branded external battery pack. Basically an Anker style battery pack with a cable and some velcro for $329.00.

This is misinformation that gives companies a bad name by withholding additional info.

You forgot about the custom battery cap, that has the integrated 9v plug that was designed for multiple IRD now Trijicon units, that BTW Trijicon approved to run on their units without voiding warranty. Who designed it? who payed for it? Who took the risk mass producing this piece and saved the consumer more than what it's worth in filling the dump with burnt up CR123's ?... I've done the math, on how many CR's I use in a year vs this set up.

The pro's of this glorified "battery pack with a cable and some velcro for $329.00" has paid for itself multiple times through my experience.

Misinformation? Not gonna sit here and continue to listen to your speech...

You get ALL your gear for free from your Vendor of choice for favorable reviews and videos! That is "witholding additional information".

Please do not even go there spouting MISinformation! Unbelievable
http://www.tnvc.com
"Eliminating our adversaries 940nanometers at a time"

#3232756 - 02/09/20 03:29 PM Re: MKIII 60mm Accessories [Re: Victor_TNVC]
igor Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: amarillo texas
Victor, your setup is the trickest I've seen. Wish I'd seen that a couple years ago.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  SkyPup 

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.