Another Great Night... with a Friend This Time

Bowhntr6pt

Finally got a chance to hook up with a good friend. Weather was fantastic... moon was screaming so we made sure to set up with the moon to our back and stay in the shadows.

Managed to snatch up a few hogs on the way to our first stand...

After finishing a stand with no luck we decided to stalk up on a group of hogs that were across the field about 700 yards away. We skirted the woodline to get a nearby highway to our back and managed a count down simul kill on these two porkers.

We moved to the location where I shot the black coyote last night and within 30 minutes this one came in... John pole-axed him... 175gr. FGMM from his suppressed LMT did the job.

Shortly after we spotted another one about 500 yards across the pasture but it was headed in the opposite direction... maybe next time.

All in all we got seven hogs and one coyote... best of all, we finally got some hunt time in together.

Last edited:
After lurking for awhile here, it was time to register so I could echo my good friend Bob’s comments. We indeed had a fantastic night out on Saturday laying the smack down on hogs and the one coyote we managed to bring into range. After meeting a few years ago, I’d like to say that Bob and I have forged a very good friendship and although both our work schedules make it tough at times, we make the effort to drive the hour between us and hit the range and field as often as possible.

After a quick trip to the range to re-zero the Pulsar Trail XP50 I’ve been running (yes, due to continually changing zero), we hit the ranch that Bob has a great relationship with and immediately ran into some hogs before sundown. Quick stalk across fields and fence lines was successful and that was just the start to the night that went on for nearly 10 hours.

Nights like these are what this sport is all about to me. Spending quality time with solid people enjoying the outdoors and our expensive toys that most people can’t comprehend why we do the things we do. This was my last hunt with the Pulsar as it is being replaced with a Trijicon IR Hunter Mk III 35mm that should be here by week’s end. Like Bob, I really liked the features and form factor of the Pulsar Trail XP50 but can’t tolerate a unit that requires zero confirmation before every hunt, costing me time and ammo. I know the Trijicon will be a solid unit but I will miss the video recording ability of the Pulsar, especially after getting some great videos this past weekend.

Back