Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3232639 - 02/09/20 10:09 AM Picking a suppressor?
Brad Phillips Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Gilbertville, IA
So you spend your money and wait. If you only have one, chances are that you like it. If you have more than one, you will eventually buy one that you are less than impressed with. Then what ?

#3232684 - 02/09/20 12:21 PM Re: Picking a suppressor? [Re: Brad Phillips]
crittr gittr Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: UTAH
Well I have several cans now and I can say that not one of mine that I'm less than impressed with. Maybe I got lucky I don't know.

#3232695 - 02/09/20 12:44 PM Re: Picking a suppressor? [Re: Brad Phillips]
bark Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: s.e.s.d
Then you're pretty much stuck with it. The used market is mostly nonexistent, because it still costs the new owner $200 for the tax stamp and you can't recoup the $200 you spent on the original tax stamp.

I've never been impressed with any suppressor on a pistol. I have one that I have been using on a rimfire rifle and a 300 blackout (and there is better options for both) because I thought it was worthless on the pistols. I'm going to give it another try once I get my hands on a Henry x- rifle, but until then I wish I had spent my money else where.

#3232696 - 02/09/20 12:44 PM Re: Picking a suppressor? [Re: Brad Phillips]
skinney Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: South Dakota
Originally Posted By: Brad Phillips
So you spend your money and wait. If you only have one, chances are that you like it. If you have more than one, you will eventually buy one that you are less than impressed with. Then what ?

You will eventually buy one that you are less than impressed with, IF you shoot enough. How many is enough? Maybe just buying a few will tell you what you like and don't. It took me about the first 3 before I could tell what was good and what wasn't.

They'll hear ya three times, see ya twice, but only smell ya once.

Play the Rabbit, and they will come.

#3232940 - 02/10/20 09:42 AM Re: Picking a suppressor? [Re: bark]
C.Jay Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Montana
My suppressed handguns have beem fantastic, as have my rifles. Please share with us the name if these garbage suppressors so we don't make the same mistake.

Originally Posted By: bark
Then you're pretty much stuck with it. The used market is mostly nonexistent, because it still costs the new owner $200 for the tax stamp and you can't recoup the $200 you spent on the original tax stamp.

I've never been impressed with any suppressor on a pistol. I have one that I have been using on a rimfire rifle and a 300 blackout (and there is better options for both) because I thought it was worthless on the pistols. I'm going to give it another try once I get my hands on a Henry x- rifle, but until then I wish I had spent my money else where.

#3232951 - 02/10/20 10:22 AM Re: Picking a suppressor? [Re: Brad Phillips]
rudymontana Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Montana,USA
skinney-- So what brand of can is your favorite??

#3232975 - 02/10/20 12:18 PM Re: Picking a suppressor? [Re: rudymontana]
skinney Offline
Die Hard Member III

Originally Posted By: rudymontana
skinney-- So what brand of can is your favorite??

I'm very partial to a select few for what we do! I've got a very "in depth" podcast that goes over a lot of suppressor details!

#3233124 - 02/10/20 10:52 PM Re: Picking a suppressor? [Re: Brad Phillips]
Bear Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Colorado USA
skinney where do I find your podcast?

#3233126 - 02/10/20 11:00 PM Re: Picking a suppressor? [Re: Brad Phillips]
skinney Offline
Die Hard Member III

I can't post that here without permission but you can send me a PM I can give you my email.

#3233226 - 02/11/20 07:12 PM Re: Picking a suppressor? [Re: Brad Phillips]
Brad Phillips Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Gilbertville, IA
I can see this being spendy. I used to go straight to reloading or firearms and now I visit the suppressor page first!

#3233233 - 02/11/20 07:39 PM Re: Picking a suppressor? [Re: Brad Phillips]
crittr gittr Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: UTAH
Brad you just better bite the bullet and get it over with! thumbup

#3233253 - 02/11/20 09:25 PM Re: Picking a suppressor? [Re: C.Jay]
bark Offline
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted By: C.Jay
My suppressed handguns have beem fantastic, as have my rifles. Please share with us the name if these garbage suppressors so we don't make the same mistake.

Originally Posted By: bark

I own the AAC Ti-Rant 45m. I attended a bachelor party where we did some shooting, there was 6-7 different pistol cans there. Two that I took notice of were the Dead Air Ghost m and the Silencerco Osprey. My opinion is that they were all louder than I wanted. That's why I'm looking to try a pistol caliber carbine and see how that performs.

My current favorite can is the AAC Titan-ti. Yes it's heavy and yes it's big, but it does an amazing job at mitigating sound and recoil from 243 win. to 338 Lapua mag.

My most shot can is the Lane Scorpion 556 (full titanium). It seems like it's just the perfect combination of size, weight, and suppression, and works equally well on ar or bolt guns.

What suppressors do you have?

#3233261 - 02/11/20 10:04 PM Re: Picking a suppressor? [Re: bark]
C.Jay Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Montana
Thanks for the reply, right now I have an Elite iron .223 and also their rimfire can. Have a .30 cal in jail and two Rebel .223's in jail also. Before everyone hacks me to pieces over the rebels, I plan on a write up on them and bought them for a very specific purpose.

#3233265 - 02/11/20 10:21 PM Re: Picking a suppressor? [Re: Brad Phillips]
bark Offline
Seasoned Member

I also have an elite iron can in 308. The nice thing with those cans is if you can't kill what you're shooting at, you can just beat it to death with the suppressor. I had never heard of Rebel Silencers. I look forward to your review.

#3233354 - 02/12/20 01:22 PM Re: Picking a suppressor? [Re: C.Jay]
CGR Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Originally Posted By: C.Jay
Thanks for the reply, right now I have an Elite iron .223 and also their rimfire can. Have a .30 cal in jail and two Rebel .223's in jail also. Before everyone hacks me to pieces over the rebels, I plan on a write up on them and bought them for a very specific purpose.

I almost tried a Rebel 223. I'm really curious to see your write up on them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  SnowmanMo 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.