Night Goggles Inc

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3233107 - 02/10/20 10:03 PM Re: Thermal Scope clip ons vs actual thermal [Re: SkyPup]
Bling Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Va
Originally Posted By: SkyPup
An accurate 500 yard plus shooting thermal scope of any kind is not going to be cheap.

500 in the dark? I wouldn't shoot 500 in the day. No way I'm in your league feller

#3233110 - 02/10/20 10:16 PM Re: Thermal Scope clip ons vs actual thermal [Re: Bling]
SkyPup Offline

Loc: Florida
SF sniper buddy with .338 Lapua and T-75 makes head shots at twice that distance.

Blood -> The Ultimate Biofuel
You can not argue with a sick mind.

#3233129 - 02/10/20 11:08 PM Re: Thermal Scope clip ons vs actual thermal [Re: SkyPup]
Bling Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Va
Originally Posted By: SkyPup
SF sniper buddy with .338 Lapua and T-75 makes head shots at twice that distance.

Im not man enough to even say 338 much less shoot 1

#3234765 - 02/20/20 01:35 PM Re: Thermal Scope clip ons vs actual thermal [Re: Bling]
RRyu Online

Loc: OH
Bling, I own an Armasight Apollo 640 clip-on and also a Pulsar XQ38 and although the Apollo is kinda dated imo, there are pro/cons and is comparable. Is it comparable in image for my use (sort of)(& coyote hunting 100-200 yds max)... my clip-on (& I would assume others) are much less flexible in options than the dedicated thermal. Ex- zooming, etc...while my clip-on can zoom and have other functions, in front of a 3x scope, I cannot see my menu very well (b/c it's zoomed 3x from my day-scope), so functionally I never zoom my clip-on and if I did, would not be as good of an image as if I zoomed in my Pulsar. The clip-on is nice to transfer to one gun to another, but when I do that, I still have to re-zero (to collimate the clip-on...or "re-align it" to the day-scope). So saying all that, if I had to choose one, I'd go with a dedicated thermal on a dedicated gun...but having both is nice...even though both are becoming dated. Hope that helps...from a novice night hunter.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  SkyPup 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.