Hogster & CR123 Batteries

v2k

On the Hogster directions it warns about using the CR123 rechargeable batteries. It says not to use rechargeable batteries if they exceed 3.7 volts.
In the menu it has you switch from CR123 to CR123 3.7 volt when using re-chargeable.

Does anyone use these CR123 rechargeable batteries in their thermal scope?

I use rechargeable CR123s all the time in the Hogster. Here is the set I use. It comes with a nice charger, and 8 rechargeable batteries. The charger doesn't take long to charge a set of batteries. Even in really cold temps, 8 will last you more than an entire night of hunting.

You are right there is a setting in the Menu to set if you are using 3.0v CR123s or 3.7V rechargeables. It seemed like the scope knew as soon as I put rechargeables in as the setting seemed to already be set. These batteries have never been an issue for me.

how long will regular cr123 last in a hogster? Just got mine on Saturday. I was planning on getting some rechargeable ones here in near future.

They say 4 hours, but this always depends on temp. I am not a fan of throwing away hundreds of batteries a year, so only use rechargeables or a battery pack.

Back