coyote #13 & 14

lockrotor

A neighbor called and she said there are 6 coyotes in the field to the east of her house. I was out with the wife and told her I would give it a try tonight when I got back.

Set up to the east of her house on a wood line and wind is blowing softly from south to north. Give out a couple of howls and get answer back straight behind her barn in the standing corn field. Alarm bark. The snow is very crunchy which sucks. Wait about 5 minutes and go into distress. 7 minutes later I have 2 coming in from the north. Great. The smaller one stops and the male keeps coming. It's about 150 yds aways just walking and smelling. The female just stays out. He give me a nice broadside shot. Down he goes and she turns and is gone.

Caller goes into pup distress for about 2 min. Change to another sound hoping the female will come back. 6 minutes later another male shows up from the north, and keeps looking back. He is about 50 yds to the north side of the first one on the ground, and looking at it. Send another 25gr HP and down it goes.

Change sound again and nothing showed up. But during this night out I heard 3 different groups howl back and forth. There is hope for more. I have taken 4 from this section this year.

Again thanks for looking and reading.

49495231181_ca8f8d60fd_c.jpg

Last edited:
Back