MKIII 60mm Accessories

dirtytough

I ended up picking up a Trijicon MKIII 60mm.

What accessories should a guy get. Main thing I'm not sure of is do I get the external battery pack kit, or the internal rechargeable kit.

The internal seems like the way to go since there won't be any extra cords hanging out to get caught on. But if its better to get the adapter and an external battery pack that's what I will do.

I was looking at something like this IR-X RECHARGEABLE POWER KIT compared to this IR Hunter External USB Battery Adapter Kit

https://www.nightvisionoutfitters.com/products/ir-x-rechargeable-power-kit-trijicon-ir-hunter

https://www.ultimatenightvision.com/USB-Power-Adapter-p/unvirdadpt-kit.htm

Regards, Branden

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntrI've never used the external battery pack I did not want the bulk or the cord. I use this, way cheaper and it will last more than all night;

https://thermalopticsplus.com/collection...ble-battery-kit

That is a lot like the one I was looking at. Its about $150 less than the external kit. Seems like the external kit would need to have some major pro's about it for the price difference. I'm not seeing what the pro's are though.

I've used both the UNV and the metalworx. My experience below...

Metalworx.
Pros - lighter, cheaper, no cords.
Cons - battery life is 6-8 hours.

UNV.

Pros - battery life is amazing.
Neutral - cords.
Cons - expensive. Customer service is terrible.

I had the UNV unit for a little over a year. It started shorting out, so I called and asked about warranty. I was informed that there was no warranty, and I would have to buy a new end cap for somewhere around $200. If I were a business owner, I wouldn't screw a customer over a $10 part that I'm charging a ridiculous price for, but to each their own. I liked the UNV kit better because of the battery life, but I can't recommend a product that isn't backed up by customer service.

Funny story, I called metalworx and told them I was looking at their product because I was having issues with my UNV kit. He laughed and said, "Let me guess, it's shorting out".

Originally Posted By: Mr. Poppadopalis1. What is UNV

UNV is Ultimate Night Vision. They sell their own branded external battery pack. Basically an Anker style battery pack with a cable and some velcro for $329.00.

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntrOriginally Posted By: Mr. Poppadopalis1. What is UNV

UNV is Ultimate Night Vision. They sell their own branded external battery pack. Basically an Anker style battery pack with a cable and some velcro for $329.00.

Hmmmmmmm!

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntr They sell their own branded external battery pack. Basically an Anker style battery pack with a cable and some velcro for $329.00.

This is misinformation that gives companies a bad name by withholding additional info.

You forgot about the custom battery cap, that has the integrated 9v plug that was designed for multiple IRD now Trijicon units, that BTW Trijicon approved to run on their units without voiding warranty. Who designed it? who payed for it? Who took the risk mass producing this piece and saved the consumer more than what it's worth in filling the dump with burnt up CR123's ?... I've done the math, on how many CR's I use in a year vs this set up.

The pro's of this glorified "battery pack with a cable and some velcro for $329.00" has paid for itself multiple times through my experience.

I also own and use both devices. They both work great. I was having a slight problem with losing connectivity with the custom cap on the UNV/Anker setup and used a slight dab of dielectric 100% pure silicon grease available at most autoparts stores. Thought it might help cause the Metal Works rechargeable set up recommends it. No more issues.

You can fix your lose of connection really simple.

I just mounted my MK 3 60 mm on my bolt 243. Every time I shot on my first outing the recoil unplugged it and it went dark. When I got home I pulled the plug from the scope and wrapped one wrap of scotch tape around it and trimmed the length with a razor blade. End of problems. The unv battery pack lasts all night, (on 60 hrtz) I even leave my scope turned on in my truck between stands. I’ve never had cords get in the way yet.

Never used the metalworks, looks interesting.

As far as customer service from unv I’ve never had a problem with them, never had a problem with Tom Austin either. I respect them both and get treated great.

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: 1trkyhntr They sell their own branded external battery pack. Basically an Anker style battery pack with a cable and some velcro for $329.00.

This is misinformation that gives companies a bad name by withholding additional info.

You forgot about the custom battery cap, that has the integrated 9v plug that was designed for multiple IRD now Trijicon units, that BTW Trijicon approved to run on their units without voiding warranty. Who designed it? who payed for it? Who took the risk mass producing this piece and saved the consumer more than what it's worth in filling the dump with burnt up CR123's ?... I've done the math, on how many CR's I use in a year vs this set up.

The pro's of this glorified "battery pack with a cable and some velcro for $329.00" has paid for itself multiple times through my experience.

Misinformation? Not gonna sit here and continue to listen to your speech...

You get ALL your gear for free from your Vendor of choice for favorable reviews and videos! That is "witholding additional information".

Please do not even go there spouting MISinformation! Unbelievable

Originally Posted By: igorVictor, your setup is the trickest I've seen. Wish I'd seen that a couple years ago.

No problem, thank you Sir. Might also add our TRB cradle is 100% made in the USA and NOT China.

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: 1trkyhntr They sell their own branded external battery pack. Basically an Anker style battery pack with a cable and some velcro for $329.00.

You get ALL your gear for free from your Vendor of choice for favorable reviews and videos! That is "witholding additional information".

Yes misinformation. Everyone can read what I posted. You are 100% entitled to your opinion.

Nothing I receive Sir is for free. Unfortunately people think this is true, but it's not.

My XF305, XF705, 5D MKIV, A7SII, Prime and telephotos, I was self taught running them all manually, nothing auto. My editing Programs, my computer builds, all stemmed from work and savings, lot's came from fur. Then I still had to capture the image, the video that I need. Most videographers charge 100.00 per hour to edit, that does not include the depreciation on the shutters or personal time in the field.

My work is worth just as much to me, as a sale is to you. BUT for some reason people see me run a 7K dollar Rifle, and a Skeet, and think it's just handed over. Furthest from the Truth Sir. I enjoy working with companies, developing new products that I get to use, and enjoy featuring in our videos. It's fun, and I enjoy building new relationships with new companies!

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: 1trkyhntr They sell their own branded external battery pack. Basically an Anker style battery pack with a cable and some velcro for $329.00.

Yes misinformation. Everyone can read what I posted. You are 100% entitled to your opinion.

Nothing I receive Sir is for free. Unfortunately people think this is true, but it's not.

My XF305, XF705, 5D MKIV, A7SII, Prime and telephotos, I was self taught running them all manually, nothing auto. My editing Programs, my computer builds, all stemmed from work and savings, lot's came from fur. Then I still had to capture the image, the video that I need. Most videographers charge 100.00 per hour to edit, that does not include the depreciation on the shutters or personal time in the field.

My work is worth just as much to me, as a sale is to you. BUT for some reason people see me run a 7K dollar Rifle, and a Skeet, and think it's just handed over. Furthest from the Truth Sir. I enjoy working with companies, developing new products that I get to use, and enjoy featuring in our videos. It's fun, and I enjoy building new relationships with new companies!

BS Skinney we still have your PM's and emails looking for free gear from my Sales Director at that time. You were dumping ATN at the time you were then pimping and when we told you we don't do business like that, UNV was your step up friend.

You pimp them religiously for the gear you get and everyone knows it. It's painfully obvious what you do. Just not gonna keep my pie hole shut any longer on your antics.

Misinformation is alive and well with you. Nothing has changed. You'd NEVER come to anyones defense like you just did except for your pay for play buds. Give it a rest.

I'll refrain to my last post Sir. I value this site too much to try and start an argument or post any of my old screen shots of our private conversation.

I Respect your sponsorship here, and hope it continues to support this awesome site!

That's ok...They weren't taken outta context like you claimed back then. Spare me.

You continue to protect your pay for play partners, it's obvious. Notice how you wont mention where most of this battery gear in question was made? But hey that's misinformation too.

Back