Bering Optics Hogster - Setup questions

Ligonw

I just got a Bering Optics Hogster 35mm. Very impressed with the image and build quality.

But I don't see any reticle and I cannot find the menu to pull that up. Anyone able to help? The instructions are a little lacking

Thanks,
Will

Will, this is an undocumented feature. Hold all 3 buttons down at the same time for about 3 seconds and the reticle will appear. This will also activate the zero options in Menu and bring up the reticle choices and color in the quick menu choices. If you power the scope down with the reticle on, it will start back up with the reticle on. If you power the scope down with the reticle off, it will start back up with the reticle off.

You’re welcome. One more kind of odd thing to keep in mind is if you are using a battery pack, powering down the scope does not work and any changes you made to the scope may not be saved.The only way to turn the scope off is to disconnect the external battery pack. If you have batteries in the unit, and you power on the scope, and then connect the battery pack if you disconnect the battery pack, the scope stays on and it switches to battery power and you can again power down the scope normally.

Hopefully I didn’t confuse you more.

Handed it to my buddy who has never even heard of bering optics and he had it working within 30 seconds. apparently you have to tap all three buttons let go and then hold all three buttons and it'll come out of scanner mode.

Last edited:
Mine also did not have a reticle when I first powered up, but holding all three buttons down was all it took to turn it on. I’m really liking the controls on this too. At first it seems kind of complicated, but after a few minutes of playing around with it I find it very intuitive and easy to use for a first timer like me!

Other than that first stumble, I like the UI. It is very simple but that is not a bad thing.

I am powering mine from an Anker Powercore 10000 PD using a 12" USB elbow to USB C elbow. The Powercore velcro-ed to my stock. And a couple velcro cable ties to keep it all neat.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HBTY3Z2/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZ8RA3A/

ztMRF9X.jpg

2bmrwaQ.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting pictures of your battery setup. Can you use any of those Anker powercores with the Hogster scope?

In theory, any power bank that can charge a phone would work. You don't need anything fancy. I am a fan of Anker products. Just take into considerations the size and shape of it.

That was my backup plan if my setup wasn't very user friendly. My setup has worked well for me though. The price on that is a little steep but there is really no alternative other than home-brewing something like I did.

Originally Posted By: KirschThe TRB Extended Battery Pack from Night Goggles works great. It is what Bering Optics used at Shot Show to power their scopes. It comes with a picatinny connection so it can mount on a rail. It includes a 6700 Anker Power Pack.

Any idea why the 4 week lead time on this? I want to get something here in the near future but just wondered if you knew.

Give Tom at Night Goggles a call. 909-312-5424 X531

He wants to under-promise and over-deliver. Both the Night Stalker Tripods and the TRB pack have been extremely popular, so they simply can't get them made fast enough. However, shipments come in at different times, so he may be able to let you know if a recent shipment has arrived, or one is due in soon and if they will have enough units to cover backorders for a faster turn-around.

Back