Trigger Tech Primary vs Rifle Basix vs Timney 510 (for Remington 700)

pyscodog

All are within a few dollars of each other, which do you like the best. I've had RB and I like them. Never owned either of the other two. (The RB is the only one that goes below 1 1/2 lbs.)

Last edited:
Timney calvin elite custom best trigger in have used. But don't have it on a rifle that I use when it is cold out due to being so light(On my long range rifle) My son also has the elite hunter on his 280 and loves it. I have pulled the trigger on trigger tech(not my gun) and they were pretty good can't speak for the rifle basix.

I've had all of those listed plus Jewell and Shilen. Of all of them, you couldn't give me another Rifle Basix. They use soft metal which causes the trigger to develop creep over a thousand rounds. Jewell feel like they have creep in them if adjusted above 1 lb due to their design. However, below one pound, they are probably the best feeling trigger and few can compete in ounces if that's your game.

Of all of them day in and day out, Trigger Tech takes the cake. The ability to adjust them without taking the stock off as well as the feel and just plain reliability makes them the winner for me.

A friend recently bought a Trigger Tech Special. It seems like a very nice trigger and I do like the adjustment feature. It has "click" adjustments that you can actually feel. And like you said, you don't have to take it out of the stock to adjust the trigger.

IMHO...The Trigger Tech to me is the best of the bunch, just for the fact that there is little to no creep. However, I do prefer the wider trigger show of the Rifle Basix trigger.

I had several of the RB triggers and never had an issue with them but wouldn't mind trying the Trigger Tech just to say I have.

I have owned all the triggers listed.

Just put a TT primary on a 700 sps .223. The TT I like better, crisp clean break no creep and so far 200+ shots no over travel.

For me the best trigger I ever used Canjar.

That being said a well tuned Walker trigger is hard to beat. I have two tuned Walker triggers on target rifles, that are just lights out shooter's, break clean no creep, no over travel.
Having 15+ years and 1000's of rounds shooting time behind the Walker, I could be prejudice, or just more familiar, comfortable with them.

Just my experience.

arky65

Timmeny or trigger tech are great. Rifle basix not so much the one I have had was a pain to adjust either to much creep or way to heavy pull. Couldn't lighten it up with out getting a slam fire.

Last edited:
Back