Coyote trail triple

Snowshoes

Last Sunday afternoon I went out with the snowmobile in search of some new coyote trails. A couple promising areas were found and I made sure to create a packed track to walk to both locations.
This morning I parked the truck in the field as far as I dared before venturing the remaining 500 yards on foot. The snowmobile trail served its purpose and my legs appreciated the packed snow.
Set up on a fence line where I could watch two different trails with the furthest one being 170 yards away.
After forty minutes of waiting, I’m questioning where’s all the critters that made those tracks.
Fifteen minutes pass by and I see the first coyote coming down the closest trail to me. It’s in no hurry and stops numerous times which was tempting to shoot but I held off until it was 38 yards away. The 223AI breaks the morning silence and coyote number 58 lays on the trail.
Twenty minutes later a second coyote comes down the same trail and this one I drop at 98 yards. (Coyote # 59)
A few minutes later I see one on the far trail which kept looking back as it ran to the safety of the trees. Just the way the coyote acted ( a young one) I held off shooting as I expected others to follow. That coyote had a mission and I’m not sure it was willing to stop for anything.
Kept an eye on the far trail but nothing showed. Ten minutes or so later, I see another coyote coming down the trail as the first two. The sun is in the coyotes eyes and I can tell it hasn’t seen the two downed coyotes .
It stops and then wanders a few yards north of the trail to investigate something. I take the opportunity to send a bullet from the 223AI on its way and the result was coyote # 60. (Shot at 131 yards)
You can just make out the far two coyotes

A group photo of the three

Nice hunt it almost seems like you kinda know a trick or two
thumbup1.gif
Keep em coming !

Originally Posted By: lockrotorOutstanding job on a TRIPLE. Great looking place to hunt. What crop was planted in the field? Congrats
Thanks lockrotor, the crop was canola
Originally Posted By: Fur TakerCongrats you have some nice dogs.
I was definitely happy with them
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: rudymontanaFur looks good on those 3 coyotes!!!
The fur is still decent & hopefully for awhile longer.
Originally Posted By: Displayed NameNice hunt it almost seems like you kinda know a trick or two
thumbup1.gif
Keep em coming !
lol, It's one of those honey hole spots that I like to hit a couple times every season.

Originally Posted By: luderJust plain awesome, nice job...
Turned out to be a great spot! Thank you,
Originally Posted By: fishballer06Nice work!
The plan did come together!
Originally Posted By: YoteslayerWANice shooting and pretty coats on those dogs.
I wish all the coyotes looked like these ones
smile.gif

Back