small ugly coyote down

fratri

Not being able to get out as much as I have wanting (life getting in the way) I did get a chance to get out after work today..... I got to the farm and got setup for the first set around 4:30.....Plan was to make 2 sets on this farm.... Tried it at one end of the farm for 15 minutes without any luck so decided to head to the other end of the farm (roughly 500yds away) and try it there....
I setup and got comfortable, within the first 5 minutes I had this coyote come out of the bush and make his way up toward my call/decoy. He came in only stopping once to look things over....After a few seconds he continued on his steady trot until he spotted the decoy.....................then picked up the pace fast...........As he got to about the 60 yd mark I let out a really loud "Wolf" sound, getting him to stop and stare at me. With crosshairs on him I sent the 55 gr vmax into his chest dropping him where he stood....
I sat in my location for another 5 minutes before heading over to get him. Turned out to be another ugly (start of mange) coyote......
The setup/my view
49457062318_4ef9faa674_c.jpg

How it played out
49457062298_0aae75ca75_c.jpg

Not the greatest pic, somehow I managed to chop my head off from this one....
49457062353_34c2d84751_o.jpg

Always enjoy reading (and seeing) how your hunts unfold. That rust colored belly sure is dead give away on an "ugly coyote"
No snow I see!!!

Well played stand, thanks for sharing. Too bad about the mange. A few weeks ago we shot the first one I've seen with it down here.

Back