Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3226074 - 01/02/20 02:00 PM Re: Trying to Trap Coyotes but need help! [Re: Lucius]
Grotzen Offline

Loc: Indiana
There has to be some kind of a catch circle, even if it was just in there for a bit. It should have some kind of odor too. Sounds like a 0.22 between the ears and eyes. Probably someone who saw you or knows you. Your traps offset? You need an honest man to be your mentor and buy some books.

#3230374 - 01/27/20 11:11 AM Re: Trying to Trap Coyotes but need help! [Re: Lucius]
just Offline

Loc: SE Iowa USA
Generally when there is a lot of blood it is from me shooting the animal. Are you sure somebody didn't steal your catch?
just

#3230447 - 01/27/20 08:47 PM Re: Trying to Trap Coyotes but need help! [Re: Lucius]
Yocham Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I have had alot of coon pull out of my 550s. What bait and lure you using on the others sets? How much lure are you using?

#3237125 - 03/06/20 05:30 PM Re: Trying to Trap Coyotes but need help! [Re: Lucius]
Ceelatrans Offline

Loc: Idaho
Much good advice above here, especially: 1) setting pan tension to a) avoid non-target animals and b) to allow a coyote to fully commit to stepping on the pan before it falls,2) bedding the trap solidly, and placing it in proper relationship to the dirt hole.

I will say one thing further, if you are sure the hair you found was coyote hair, I agree it may have been that someone shot your trapped coyote and then stole it. Once, I had a guy "help" me by shooting a coyote I had trapped with a 270 deer riffle, at near point-blank range. There was a lot of blood!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  AWS 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.