Pulsar core field trial under fire.

Tjkiller

We piled up 20 coyotes in 3 nights. Only one coyote not recovered, saw the blood trailing behind it. Optics were thermion xm38 and pulsar core, old green tint version.

Xm38 was primary,but killed 5 coyotes with the core. Made one very long shot with it under ideal conditions. Far enough im not going to say how far because i wouldnt believe if i hadnt made the shot, my partner says the same, he witnesssed it. But let me say this scope is a very very solid 200yds scope. Shots past 200 absolutely can be made past 200 , conditions are the limiting factor. The thermion has a far greater range, you can see far past your standard coyote gun's effective range. The core can see as far as the avg coyote guns effective range.

The tint is great. The functions are limited but simple and easy. The picture is is unbelievably good for what it is. I love the reticle,the tiny cross contrasts with the target. The pip feature extends the range of this low base mag scope. Fov is good, better than the high base mag thermion. Battery life using 2 quality cr123 batteries was excellent imo. Should last all night. Slower drain than the thermion. Compared to the budget ATN LT , which i have also used on a trip: the core is not in that class, its above it. This is a very serviceable coyote scope. If you dont want all the bells and whistles and and want a simple killing scope, i recommend this scope.

Last night 10mph wind and snowing. The thermion got snow in the lense or something but the heat signature was in and out. Had to bench it. Its fine now , but as expected the snowing conditions limited its effectiveness to a point i couldnt use it. Went to the core, kept the shutter closed until shot time, killex 2 yotes 100-125 yds. Could see well, limited but useable.

Hit me up any questions, try my best to answer.

Im not affiliated with pulsar, but i was impressed with the value of this scope.

Tommy

Last edited:

Have you used the Core in high humidity?

I looked through a Core that Tom from Night Goggles had at the Bland County Virginia contest sometime back. The view looked pretty good considering it was daytime.

Has anyone seen the black / white version of the Core for comparison to the green?

I thought i was getting the B/w version but there is a faint green tint, i like it. Used the core while it was snowing and windy. I could see pretty good. Thermion didnt like the snow.

Back