204 ruger build

FishnHunt9

I just assembled a 204 ruger that has a Wilson combat barrel Odin tuneable gas block and I can not get the bolt to lock back I’ve started with set screw 1 turn out and keep adjusting a turn out at a time, I think the gas block is centered but not positive I’ve moved it once and started over again. I’m using a 3 oz buffer. The mag is a 10 round rock river. I’m thinking maybe the gas block is off I’ve never had an issue on other builds before. I’m out of town if I were at home I’d try measuring every with calipers.

Last edited:
Which Odin gas block is it? If it's the one with out the set screw, I'm pretty sure the directions say to start about 7 clicks from closed and tune from there.

Went to range today to shoot it on paper after 12 rounds it’ started functioning correctly but when I removed charging handle and bott carrier the charge handle has a lot of wear on the top edges tried another charge handle and it knocked the paint off the top edge so I think something is off with the upper reciever that was causing it to bind

Some charging handles have very thick coatings/annodizing. Not all are created equal. Same rule applies for the upper.

I changed the charge handle and it did it to a different charge handle think the groove in the upper reciever is too narrow but it must be close to normal gun is functioning like it should now.

Back