Winter dogs

I had a day off yesterday, and thought I'd go look around. On my way out of town I called a rancher friend, and told him was coming out to shoot a few p-dogs. He told me of a new town that was growing back after a poisoning a few years ago. Cool. I drove out and followed a two track about a mile back. Slowly peeking over the hill I seen them. I backed up and packed my gear to just over the the top. Rolled out my mat and started picking of the close ones. It's great when you can go 100%. Pretty soon I missed one at about 250. Layed there and blew up balls of fur for over an hour. Wind was 5-6 out of the NE, sun was in my face. Longest was 460 with a quartering L to R breeze. It took a second shot to get the windage right. Great day. 60 rounds. Go'na do that again.

Lucky man you are to be able to do that when you want to. Sure envious. I am just hoping that I can get back out there somewhere this year. Not much better than a spring or early summer day popping prairie dogs when they are out. Sure some good memories.

Back